jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Can we ever be sure that our perception of things is right – without consulting

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Can we ever be sure that our perception of things is right – without consulting other people?

2. PETER LUMETTA profile image58
    PETER LUMETTAposted 7 years ago

Only you can answer that question for yourself. I personaly don't look for approval from anyone except me. Some folks can't do anything themselves without anothers input. Indecision is a weekness most of the time. If you believe in yourself then you don't need to consult others unless you want to make them feel good.

3. ryancarter profile image61
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

That's the ONLY way to be sure your perception is right.  You'll never have anyone telling you you're wrong! That's how I get through life, strumming my nose at others...

4. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

How do you know the people you are asking are not a figment of your imagination? Who usually wins when arguing with an imaginary friend?

How can a person logically prove that people and reality exist? How to prove reality is real?

If you are color blind and the other person is not then who is correct when they are both seeing different colors.

http://purpleslinky.com/humor/how-to-fr … ne-freaky/

5. Aley Martin profile image78
    Aley Martinposted 7 years ago

We can't. And we need to be open to others perspectives always by being open to their ideas and opinions without clouding them with our preconceived beliefs. We really do not know anything. If we remain humble, we are in an empowering position.

6. parthavi profile image60
    parthaviposted 7 years ago

We have to believe our perception is right till we find something to prove us wrong. Consulting other people to confirm our perception may not be the best thing to do, unless the other person is an expert and we are confident in that person's sense of perception. Otherwise it is matter of choosing between my perception and other person's perception. Other things being equal, I will choose my perception over that of anyone else.

7. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

our perception of 'a thing' may be right for you, but not right for another/others...
    perception is subjective.... and one may see "the light" through that lens and another may interpret 'it' as nothingness.
    an ole saying: 'two heads are better than one'... I'm "not sure" about this adage... personally, I think it depends on who one consults with...

8. moonfairy profile image78
    moonfairyposted 7 years ago

no...I believe that our perception is what is until someone else gives their own perception, which in turn, may influence our own. confused? me too. I sometimes perceive things and then someone comes along and says "have you ever looked at it this way?" and so I do, and my thoughts change. that's the beauty of it. open mindedness is a beautiful thing. It can change how you look at everything. You can perceive that a rose is the most beautiful flower, until someone shows you what they perceive is the most beautiful.flower..and you agree...until someone else comes along shows you yet another beautiful flower.....it goes on and on.

working