jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

According to the increase,the Cross is Idolatry,do you agree?

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

According to the increase,the Cross is Idolatry,do you agree?

Christianity is a Spiritual Faith,to my knowledge it cannot be represented by materialism.The 10 commandments should take its place,...and will....during the time span and events of the 7 Seal's.

2. micadeolu profile image49
    micadeoluposted 6 years ago

Yes you are right. But let us look at it this way. There are two religionists. One does not have any knowledge of the omnipotent God Jehovah. Though he has an instinct that something supernatural exists beyond his scope. He gathers sticks and stones or even carve an idol and begins to bow down to it.

Can you compare him with one who already have Christ preached to Him an believed. He believes also that the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. He knows that the crucifix before him is no God. he only wants to excite his spirit to be able to impress his Lord's suffering, death and resurrection in his mind by praying before the crucifix.

You see, my advise is that we leave this judgment to God alone. He is the only searcher of all intents of the hearts who knows what we tiny humans don't know.

3. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

Just for the record.God imparts His knowledge to us concerning Him and what He require of us in this world and what direction we are suppose to take herein.
    I f one cannot judge right from wrong,or evil from good,or positive from negative.How can you teach your children who the requirements of God,or what if no and what is yes.

That is righteousness of judgment.John 7 v 24

4. bh193 profile image60
    bh193posted 5 years ago

The cross should be used as a symbol of the price Jesus paid for our sins, and the forgiveness that each of us are able to recieve because of his death. I do agree, however, that if we begin just worshiping the cross for a physical object, and not what it represents, it can cross over into being idolatry

working