jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Would you stop wearing your crucifix jewelry because of someone else meaning of

1. Brinafr3sh profile image79
    Brinafr3shposted 24 months ago

Would you stop wearing your crucifix jewelry because of someone else meaning of it?

Some people see cross jewelry as a positive meaning, and others see it as a negative meaning. Whats your thoughts about it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13037601_f260.jpg

2. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 24 months ago

It is used a lot to enhance charisma. in some ways, it's a bit like religious people wearing modest clothes, and yet seeking the most expensive trends, to enhance appearances. Defeats the purpose.

The cross jewelry can be seen as both; indeed a monks Habit can be seen as both. I've said the same thing here so often it will drive people crazy. But then this is a column for Religion and Philosophy.

Cross jewelry can be fashion and as such associated with the things of this world. But again it can also be used for good. With a knife we can stab others, or we can use it to peel fruits. Brings me to what I wish to say.

The spiritual life is an inner journey, and the true experience happens in the Heart and Soul. The cross can and does act as a catalyst for those who seek God; who feels a burning intensity for Truth, for an abiding satisfaction.

It really is an inner journey, and motive and purity of intent, is of paramount importance. This can be lacking with the fashionistas, but never with the devout. Much Love, Brinafr.

3. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 24 months ago

I wear it anyway, and I do not care if anyone else cares.

1. Brinafr3sh profile image79
      Brinafr3shposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Cool. I figure most people wear their cross jewelry to remind ourselves that Christ was crucified for our sins and diseases. I see the crucifixion as a blessing and yet still a great pain that our Savior was treated brutally.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 23 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13038935_f260.jpg

I wear whatever I feel like wearing.
    It would be none of my business what someone thought of a cross or any other fashion item I was wearing. And if someone was wearing something I personally didn't care for I wouldn't say anything to them because I respect their right to wear whatever they want.
    Jewelry is such a small fashion accessory.
    For all we know it could be the only thing a parent/grandparent left them. Whether it's sentimental or religious it's still just jewelry.

working