Does the Bible describe Jesus being worshipped?

1. SpiritPhilosopher profile image52
    SpiritPhilosopherposted 6 years ago

Does the Bible describe Jesus being worshipped?

This is important because there are those who deny the deity of Christ, relegating Him instead to a lesser position than God.

2. profile image0
    spencer.414posted 6 years ago

The Bible does describe Jesus being worshiped by a large sector of the population. He performed many sermons and travelled around the countryside visiting people and performing miracles. However, I would caution you not to believe that the Bible is the word of God. There are many passages that do not make sense at all and, in fact, go against many things which we today would believe to be immoral. For example, the Bible does not forbid slavery. It merely tells slaves to obey their masters. In addition, the Bible clearly states that women are second to men. The Bible permits stoning as a result of rape--both to the rapist and the person raped. There are various examples of God's wrathful behavior that do not match up with him being described as a loving father. This is not to say that I don't believe in God or Jesus. I do. But the Bible is a very flawed book that has been written by men who were only looking to expand their power. Finally, just because Jesus was worshiped and is worshiped by many people does not mean that he is a god. The aztecs worshiped the sun, the greeks worshiped Zeus, and the ancient Egyptians worshiped Ra.

working