jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are the Virtues of Love Personified within you?

1. Jangaplanet profile image76
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

Are the Virtues of Love Personified within you?

2. johndwilliams profile image88
    johndwilliamsposted 6 years ago

No I am too selfish for any ideal notion about love or its personification - there I said it!

3. micadeolu profile image48
    micadeoluposted 6 years ago

Yes, I love but get distrust and hatred in return. I used to feel offended but soon learned to accept it as token to build up my heavenly bank credit.

4. CJ Andrews profile image91
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

I have had to learn to trust and love - hard lessons to learn btw.  But I am still learning and I know many probably think me selfish.  It is hard for me to relate to many people because they are from such a different background.  It makes it hard to open up to people too - simply b/c so many people seem shocked the general process of my thoughts.

Btw, I am not evil or anything.  I just don't trust people and I have to remind myself to empathize with people.  It doesn't come all that natural to me.

5. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

I have to rely on C.S. Lewis and his book the Four Loves to answer this. Do I have friendships - Yes. Are there those I am attracted with - Yes. Do I act with the capacity of charity - Yes. Have  flirted with the power of Eros in my lifetime - yes. So, at one time or another I personify the virtues of love.

6. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

For me, I love everyone for what they are and ask for nothing in return. I always believe this will give me true happiness.

7. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

Well, I think everyone have a little bit of something .