jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you,or could you change your opinion about your faith...if you had to?

1. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

Would you,or could you change your opinion about your faith...if you had to?

I think it is like a needle in a haystack.Do you agree.

2. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

If by "faith" you mean "religious belief," then "yes." I have changed my beliefs many times over the years as I have learned new things.

Most religious belief is interpretation, and interpretation is subject to flaws.

And finding Truth is like finding a needle in a haystack. So much of the hay is confusion, misinterpretation and misdirection.

Important question that guides me: "Is my interpretation equal to that of God's?" And certainly it isn't, so I remain humble and continue searching.

When I can walk on water, then I may be close, but only if I can maintain utter humility while doing it.

3. EmpressAwesome profile image59
    EmpressAwesomeposted 6 years ago

What qualifies as "if you had to"? If you would otherwise get killed? It would have to be a no for me. If you really have faith in something, you don't change your mind about it just because things aren't going your way. If it's concerning marriage, my faith is very important to me so I probably wouldn't be with someone who practiced a different religion-- most likely their faith is just as important to them.

But you know how on "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" when Ian joined the Greek church because it was important to Toula's family? That's perfectly fine. Although Ian wasn't religious in the first place, so I'm not sure that counts...

4. Naomi's Banner profile image79
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago

The only way I would ever consider changing my opinion about my faith is if I found new revelation of what the Word was saying.

5. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago

I believe if a person could change their faith for whatever reason may be prompting them to do so means deep down in side they never fully committed themselves to that faith in the first place.

6. shogan profile image85
    shoganposted 6 years ago

Sure, I could.  Well, no, I guess not.  You know, maybe, if I had to.