jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

A situation in which you're defenceless?

1. The Gift of Pen profile image60
    The Gift of Penposted 6 years ago

A situation in which you're defenceless?

Walk into it because you should? Or walk away from it because you simply can?

2. emdi profile image73
    emdiposted 6 years ago

It depends on the personality of the person. I would walk into it. I know I will be defeated, but I will learn the strengths of my opponent. It is an experience, probably a rare one :-)

3. epigramman profile image70
    epigrammanposted 6 years ago

.......someone steals all of my Kate Bush records, kidnaps my two pussycats, takes away my 'pen' and bars me from reading any more hubs by the (Mighty) Gift of Pen -  yeah, let me sit back and think about it, yeah that oughta do it, not that I ever want that to happen!!!!! lake erie time 2:17pm Ontario Canada

4. profile image0
    stessilyposted 6 years ago

For me it depends upon the situation (whether it's recurring, etc.) and upon the players. I tend to walk away from a new situation which is a variation on a negative theme and in which the outcome hints at hopeless friction. I sometimes walk into an adverse or questionable situation if I foresee some benefit, such as an opportunity to express and experience compassion.

5. thomasczech profile image70
    thomasczechposted 6 years ago

depends on the situation I suppose. Hard to answer without a little more info.

6. The Gift of Pen profile image60
    The Gift of Penposted 6 years ago

I'm referring to a situation I feel is inevitable in the near future, and it evokes alot of emotion in me. On the one hand, I know that it has to happen for everyone involved, but if I walk into it, I'll be defenceless because the people are such that just won't listen to what anyone has to say. They do their best to mercilessly scandalise you. And its because of this trait that I need to confront them. On the other hand, I could be defensive and walk away, never see them, never confront them, never have to feel awkward. But I know that the more time that comes between us, the worse it will get. Theres a loneliness lingering around me when I'm amongst them, so much so that I want to stay away. But I don't want to be disrespectful and give off the impression that I don't seek peace.

Also I'm tempted to vote epigramman's answer up simply for referring to me as 'mighty'. xD

7. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

It sounds to me like you already know the answer. I have always found that it is incredibly hard to truly walk away from anything. Confront what needs confronting and free yourself of it so you can move on to more positive engagements. And remember there is no such thing as defenseless. Be mighty.

8. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

It depends on what's at stake.  Some things are worth pain and suffering even if that's all you really get out of it.

9. calpol25 profile image71
    calpol25posted 6 years ago

I would walk into it as you can only learn from your mistakes.

10. wilbury4 profile image76
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

Walk away... then come back later, prepared and armed with good defence!

11. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 6 years ago

LOL you asked and answer your own question.

working