jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Preacher salaries

1. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Preacher salaries

I am told that a successful preacher who has done the circuit for a while in my vicinity can become a multi-millionare pretty quickly and if not he can make between 10K to 50K a month. This is from their salary + collections, media (books and cd's) and royalties as well direct donations from followers and doing business with followers. I think they make more but it is difficult to know exactly because these details are kept a secret. Do you think that this too much money for preachers to be making?

2. Sky321 profile image75
    Sky321posted 6 years ago

I think that any amount of money can be too much especially if is not used correctly.  This book is such a good book - it shows how God provided money for certain ministries and how this preacher did without so others could hear the message of salvation.  It will change your whole outlook on money and preaching. Check it out if you can find it. It is called Rees Howells Intercessor by Norman Grubb- The Welsh Coal miner a Prince with God.

3. MickeySr profile image81
    MickeySrposted 6 years ago

Teachers, authors, even speakers are one thing - the pastor of a local congregation is another. If someone is not in an ordained position, if they are by trade a teacher, author, speaker, etc, then however much they do and however good they do what they do, it seems to me, they should be payed commensurate with teachers, authors, speakers, etc, whose subject material is biology, history, economics, etc. It does, however, strike me as unseemly when one's subject material is the gospel message and they millions . . . and keep millions and live like millionaires.

I think the important, crucial issue regarding the local pastor's income is this; the pastor is not paid for services - he is given the gift of a salary by his congregation so that he need not pursue a livelihood on his own but can give all of his time to the ministry of the congregation. It's not like if the pastor starts a Tuesday evening study of of Paul's letter to the Colossians he should get an extra $87.35 a week or anything. He's not getting paid FOR the work he does - he's getting paid (as a gift) so that he CAN do the work that he does.

4. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

So  you have been told............and so, the ultra successful do gain meida attention.

How many " poor" preachers do you hear about, know, have you met?

They are in the greatest number.  They, too, tithe to their churches.

5. trecords0 profile image59
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

I go for long walks at times and I pass by a church on my route.  Every time I pass it I can't help but to think "That's just weird that ideas built that building and people go to it to listen to an idea."  I often think about starting my own church as a way to have access to cash.  I think of them as I do any other business: some help people and some don't.  It's a free economy, so more power to the preachers who diversify their income streams.