jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why some people blamed God? for there failure in life, for the tragedy happened

1. ace jayson luardo profile image60
    ace jayson luardoposted 6 years ago

Why some people blamed God? for there failure in life, for the tragedy happened every now and then?

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image78
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

because people have a bad habit of not taking responsibility for their own actions. they grow up  saying not me, i didnt do it. when the problems get bigger with adulthood and they cant blame it on their siblings or friends they blame it on the next best thing...an invisible god.

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i've often wondered the same thing. god is a myth so blaming your crappy life or your problems on a myth is kind of absurd.

4. days leaper profile image80
    days leaperposted 6 years ago

It's a long and winding road...
    "answer too short"!
    "that leads to "~Your" door...
    I wonder if that's long enough for the confounded machine?

5. fit2day profile image80
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

There's no control over some things that happen and since God's understanding for things is much greater than ours, it's easy for us to question things and blame God. I can only blame myself for my past failures and mistakes,but I can thank God for the lessons I've learned through them.

6. Eunice Stuhlhofer profile image60
    Eunice Stuhlhoferposted 6 years ago

For lack of understanding of the nature of life here on earth (fallen world) and partly due to their refusal to take responsibility for their actions, choices or decisions.

7. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 6 years ago

I see two reasons that I would Credit God:
    1. It is so much easier than being responsible for situations that I do not understand, good or bad.
    2. If God is All powerful, All kowing, and Everywhere than yeah, it would make sense to credit God with all activity. There would be no free wil and we would have no choice but to credit God.

There would be no tragedy, just God's will.  There would be no failure, just God's plan and we are the actors.  See that sounds much better.  Less thinking today, I do not want a headache of thinking about all the reasons why things are the way they are in life.  I want to blame God like many others some days.  The only thing that prevents me from joining the others is I have to be responsible for my own spiritual path. This is what self realization is about.

I wish you the best.

8. bright_sorcerer profile image60
    bright_sorcererposted 6 years ago

Likely because they have been brainwashed into believing that "God" is punishing them, just the fairy tale of Job. Christianity claims God is in everything and is everything so it would seem reasonable to blame him for the bad times. After all, he is allegedly capable of giving great gifts and blessings to his sheep so it makes sense that he would also be the reason for the "punishment"  and tragedies as well.

I don't believe this but it is a prevalent mind set among Christians.

working