jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Define beauty?

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Define beauty?

2. Jokylu profile image60
    Jokyluposted 6 years ago

When I was in Dubai on an extremely hot day I asked a muslim man dressed in very cool, loose fitting, white clothing, "how is it that you can wear these very cool and comfortable clothes while your wife is covered head to foot in black?' He responded by saying, "black is beautiful"
    I responded by saying it can be: but like they have to wear it, it would be just hot and very uncomfortable and certainly there was nothing beautiful about it. I then asked why she couldn't wear lemon or blue or pink, why must it be black in this extremely hot climate.  His response again was  black is beautiful.
    I am not trying to be critical of the muslim women in the way they dress but what I am saying is beauty is very different from one person to another.

3. anupma profile image79
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

Beauty in the eyes of beholder. Whenever anyone talk about beauty, this line strike in my mind. This is the best line that really defines beauty.
    Actually it is our thinking, feeling and attitude that make something beautiful or ugly. We depreciate that one is not beautiful, but in  her/his parent's eyes one is the most beautiful and likewise, a man who fears God or trust God, like everything because he knows if he condemn then it means he condemns God.
    So beauty is in the eyes of beholder.

4. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

It was said to me as a child that Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which I always found sorta general of a definition.  To me Beauty is something that resides within every and any being awaiting to be released. 

Once this being or thing is viewed by a passive observer, it's up to that observer to make a decisive thought on what appears to them to be appealing to their eyes.  Beauty definitely deals with one's personal preference, in my opinion.

5. Ruchira profile image78
    Ruchiraposted 6 years ago

beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder thus, it can be physical or deeper than that...

Anything that catches the eye and makes one want to see that person now and then...is beauty

6. ladyjojo profile image61
    ladyjojoposted 6 years ago

True Beauty should be on the inside, a good heart a good and caring mind. A heart where you can reach out to others, help someone in need enter into someone else's feelings etc. Most people look for beauty on the outside which is wrong you can be pretty like the moon and be cruel as hell.

7. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago

I believe beauty is the grace you see in a person or thing. It is the aurora that encircles the individual or thing. No amount of money can buy it. It is the essence of the individual or thing. For those individuals who see the beauty or aurora of that individual, a blessing is received because the beauty is only revealed to those who connect with each other on a subconscious level. Sometimes the beauty of the thing or person momentarily takes the breath of the recipient.

8. edhan profile image62
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Beauty is what you see and feel.

It can't be compared with another person when comes to beauty in your eyes. It may not be beautiful from another person point of view. But to you, it is beautiful.

As long as you like what you see, your heart feels the same way then it will always be a beauty to you.

working