jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you ever pilfer little things, like ashtrays, Splenda and sugar packets, prod

1. Nellieanna profile image81
    Nellieannaposted 6 years ago

Do you ever pilfer little things, like ashtrays, Splenda and sugar packets, produce bags?

How fine-tuned are our standards of honesty?  Are there 'big' and 'small' dishonest acts?

2. slappywalker profile image99
    slappywalkerposted 6 years ago

I won't lie, I'm notorious for taking extra napkins and sugar packets from restaurants. They tend to come in handy at home sometimes.

I also take the lotion and shampoo from hotels after I stay there, although I think they almost expect you to take those things.

3. miss_jkim profile image81
    miss_jkimposted 6 years ago

I too take the soaps, lotions, and shampoo products from hotels when I stay. I don't consider that pilfering due to the fact that I pay for the room. These items are given to missionaries who travel to 3rd-world countries and pass the items out to people who have no way of obtaining such luxuries, or to our local homeless shelters.

4. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

Ashtrays = no
    sweetner packettes = once in awhile 1 or 2 , but rare
    produce bags = only if I have produce in them

The sweetner I have paid for. I might take 1 or 2 if I see a need to have them later. I never empty the container.
    I've also taken crackers.

5. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

I don't deliberately take things I am not supposed to take.

Those little bottles at the hotel are mine, so I don't consider that pilfering. I only take them at the end of my stay - not put them away to stock them.

I do have a tendency to walk away with pens, I'm not stealing them, but I have to make a real effort to remember to give them back when I am done using them.

6. danielleantosz profile image73
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

Pilfering means stealing, and I don't steal.  I don't think taking a few extra sugar or napkins from a fast food restaurant or shampoo from a hotel stealing. Purposefully taking 25 sugar packets so I don't have to buy it, no.  Taking the shampoo, etc from a hotel yes.  Taking 5 napkins from a fast food place when I will prolly only need one or two, yes. Hey, I might spill my soda!

7. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Hotels, motels?  Beware!  If I'm poor I'll take anything offered me.  I use plastic grocery bags as small trash bags.  I'm hardly ever out; but what if I was?  Well, I'd take a clump of them at my next grocery store visit.  Call me a sinner, and I'll say okay.  I try to be a "good" person, but sometimes temptation is just so... well... out there!  smile

8. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

If it's from a fight then I do take some magazine or waterbottle since I've paid for it in my fare.
    If from a hotel then too i might depending on the need since I have paid for it again.
    But no from a restaurant except for maybe tissues for immediate personal use, if I need them.

9. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Theft is theft. How often have you been in a grocery store and witnessed someone sampling produce ie. berries, or candy, or nuts? This is theft.

10. pennyofheaven profile image80
    pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago

When I was about 3 apparently I stole money from my grandmothers purse. I threw away the paper money and kept all the shiny coins!