jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you practice the concept of "Pay It Forward?"

1. cheatlierepeat profile image85
    cheatlierepeatposted 6 years ago

Do you practice the concept of "Pay It Forward?"

I am a firm believer that Paying It forward is good for the soul and a wonderful way to promote human kindness. Do you make an effort to show kindness to others?

2. Deerwhisperer profile image74
    Deerwhispererposted 6 years ago

Yes I do. Although I don't make a habit of going out and helping someone every day, when I see someone in need I try to help them as much as I can.

3. thebookmom profile image74
    thebookmomposted 6 years ago

Because my girls are always with me and always watching I do try to be kind in all situations.  I've noticed that the more I do that, the more it just becomes the "normal" thing for us to do.  It really doesn't seem like a big deal or a  choice at all, rather it is just how we do things.  I love that, when I was in teacher's college we called this "creating a culture of kindness."  I hope that always describes our family.

4. cheatlierepeat profile image85
    cheatlierepeatposted 6 years ago

Love that bookmom! I live the same way and allow my son to see and learn at every opportunity. He is 10 now and such a polite, kind child....sometimes I am blown away by his compliments and willingness to help others. It's a great value system to follow.

5. pennyofheaven profile image81
    pennyofheavenposted 6 years ago

If I am understanding what pay it forward means, then I do believe it is what comes naturally in everyone. Effort is not required if we allow it to arise.

6. mepperly profile image70
    mepperlyposted 6 years ago

Yes, what goes around comes around and if it is kindness it comes back tenfold. I enjoy doing nice things for others. Even if it just a compliment, that alone can make a person's day. I am all about making days better for others.