jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What are the things you think the world is lacking, and wish that it had (or sti

1. toys-everywhere profile image62
    toys-everywhereposted 6 years ago

What are the things you think the world is lacking, and wish that it had (or still had)?

Can you give a situational example? On my behalf, some of the things it is lacking (not always, but a good portion of the time) are; individuality (not just statement of such), truth, joy,
    self-control, willpower, and altruism.

2. billericky profile image63
    billerickyposted 6 years ago

Common sense, decency, manners, parental control, and politeness maybe some of the things this world now lacks. We could swop them for the now fashionable ignorance, violence, stupidity, and selfishness.

Or we could just wait until the end of the world !!

3. thougtforce profile image89
    thougtforceposted 6 years ago

Kindness, empathy, morality and less greed!

4. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

My answer will be that of two fold, the answer below by Dave Mathews has sparked my interest a bit. 

I believe there is an answer for many diseases, the common bodily ailments and the likes.  A cure for something like cancer does exist, but if the news was to spread worldwide, that the fact in the cure is one of a natural remedy, and not one which could be drug induced, then there's very little to gain by all the companies that seek to make profit as such including the medical field. 

My actual answer to this question lies in the fact that I feel our lives overall is missing something for sure.  Nature and its full embrace as god made it all out to be, is definitely something we as modern man and woman are missing out on, because civilization has ruled it out of question to live by mere primitive means.  I think if we lived out of raw natural experience without assistance from anything artificial, life as a whole would become much more balanced. 

The environment would settle back to equilibrium and become less polluted, our very human bodies would improve overall functionality and metabolic balance with the eco-system.  Our dependency on fossil fuels, oil, and even electricity would cease to have purpose, and there would be no issues regarding such artificial needs.  What we are truly missing is our human balance with what god designed us all to be, which is purely animal.  As long as we run from our native ways, we will continue to have numerous issues in every way, shape and form which are becoming obvious to us all today for sure.

5. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

Peace in the Middle East. The number of diverse and catastrophic issues the lack of this has caused can't be counted on two hands.

6. FaithDream profile image82
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

Integrity. It seems the world is lacking some very real morals of truth and honesty. People don't keep their word much anymore; loyality doesn't mean a lot; and the role models for our youth is totally out of whack.
    I'd like to see some real integrity where a person stands by their word, that true friends cherish you and cover your back when you need it and that being loyal is not something expected, but it just is.
    Great question!

7. Cara.R profile image76
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

Acceptance - I had a family member I had a hard time getting along with, (may she rest in peace), I knew she wouldn't change and she was mean at times and instead of hating her, I loved her and the way she was. I still didn't like what she would do and say but I didn't let it destroy me.
    Patience - Waiting for anything can become annoying. We live in a world of instant gratification.
    Love-  I didn't give an example since I figured that the world would be better with a little more love.

8. Jackie Lynnley profile image88
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

Principals and morals. Now on soaps you have young kids using bad language and showing low morals to up the ratings, showing this is what the majority prefer. I see very vulgar and bad talk here also and I simply don't see the need in it. I think out of respect for others; hubbers should be forced to keep it clean and if I once see an offensive word, I will not go back to that hubber's hubs again, intentionally. If we turn our back on people like that perhaps they will decide to respect us, if we overlook it then of course that gives it our OK and holds us responsible.

9. cobrien profile image78
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

Self- control, definitely. Respect for self and others. Religion and spirituality. These days, we are too busy trying to survive to stay home and teach these things to our children, especially if we don't have it ourselves. I feel like the world went down the tubes when Mom had to leave the home and kids and go to work.

10. Admiral_Joraxx profile image80
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 6 years ago

I think the world lacks focus on important things. Like for example, focus on maintaining the balance of the world. People are expanding, and exploring so far now, as far as planning to conquer other planets like mars. One thing I think that scientists needs to focus on for now is to master the balance of the world. It's the distorted balance that slowly destroys the world. We must focus on mastering how to effectively restore the balance in climate, atmosphere, temperatures, wildlife, people, economy so that everything works harmoniously with others.

11. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Used to remember when I was young, people among us are filled with love and caring.

Now when technology and science advancing, we are no longer having the love your neighbor sort of feeling anymore.

Everyone seems to care for themselves even though I have taught my children to shower care and love to others. Giving a helping hand whenever possible. In return, my children told me that people are rather selfish in returning help when in need.

It is sad that we have gone through evolution to make us more selfish and greedy.

I really miss those good old days where everyone is living happily together as a community of people.