jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it possible to dissolve all the religions in one and follow?

1. gauravamberkar profile image60
    gauravamberkarposted 6 years ago

Is it possible to dissolve all the religions in one and follow?

We young ones are the future..can we do this?

2. rclinton5280 profile image76
    rclinton5280posted 6 years ago

In today's world, this is simply not possible. The text from which religious believers in our world gather their beliefs each claim to be the only path to salvation. As long as those texts are the corner stone for religions, there will be friction between the different faiths. I long for a day when mankind holds our brothers and sisters in equal reverence to our spiritual beliefs.

3. profile image0
    ThePeopleStudyposted 6 years ago

We are the beginning of singularity in society.

4. LoriSoard profile image75
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

By religion, do you mean faiths? Like Christian, Muslim, Buddism, etc.?  The beliefs for each are so different that I don't think it is possible right now. If you mean denominations, like Catholic, Baptist, etc., possibly, but unlikely.

However, after the rapture when all the Christians are gone from the earth, it will happen that there is a one world religion.

Revelation in the Bible talks about such a time. It isn't referred to in a positive way. You'll basically be required to follow this religion and eventually to pledge allegiance to the antichrist and take his mark in order to be able to buy or sell anything. Those who become Christians after the rapture will be considered enemies of the state and will be tortured, killed, beheaded.

I have a tendency to read the last few pages of a book first, because if the ending isn't exciting or what I like, I don't waste my time reading it. So, when I first started reading the Bible, I started in Revelation. That book of the Bible really blew my mind, but it is very interesting and a lot of prophecies, like Israel becoming a nation again, have come true already.

Anyway, just my two cents. As I've quickly learned, there are some on these boards that will attack any Christian perspective whatsoever and I refuse to get down and wallow in the mud with them. Their arguments will never shake my faith. They could present me with "evidence" and I'd know it was a hoax. My faith is that firm. However, I think your question was sincere, so I thought I'd share my perspective.

Warm regards,

Lori

5. chaturrajneesh profile image78
    chaturrajneeshposted 6 years ago

As far as daily rituals, practices and religious symbols are concerned, I believe every body should be free to use/adopt their own. But you will appreciate, when in real life we have to opt for choices among various good and bad alternatives - then we are guided by our wisdom and therefore our wisdom itself becomes our religion. As most of the times those alternatives are not absolute good or absolute bad, but are in shades of grey and then we take guidance from our wisdom - the inner voice. Which should also be our only RELIGION.

6. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 6 years ago

There is no need, they're all the same, a bunch of people using myths and fairy tales as a tool to control the population.
    Oh,and Lori Soard, don't lump Buddhism with religion and faith, it ain't either.

7. profile image0
    SirDentposted 6 years ago

It is possible and is even underway as I write this.  The Bible says the day will come that all will be under one belief system.   It is currently called interfaith.  Eventually, all will follow this one faith system or one world religion.  Individuality is being erased from society a tiny bit at a time. 

This one world religion will birth a one world government which will then erase nations as individual nations.  Always remember, God said it will happen.

working