One World Religion?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (136 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years ago

The reason for this forum is that I was speaking to an acquaintance and they brought up that they think people should be forced to give up faith and all agree on one idea that we consider God. Which led me to the concept of one world religion, which is something I've heard of alot.

EDIT

1. kess profile image61
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Schoolgirl forreal, the one who thinks that he must fight for his freedom is the one already enslaved.

For in the world where.all is free , even the foolish should be free to exercise his foolishness, then and only then he will entangle himself in his web of foolishness.

So if you want freedom for yourself, well you rest in the face of those who seeks to enslave you,

Then and.only then.you gain your freedom... otherwise you become exactly as they are...

schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What exactly is your point?

1. kess profile image61

you have made reference to the end time with one world government and preservation of freedom and peace...

My point is those who strive to preserve peace in this world are the one in bondage to this world...these will not find peace.

The end will come but not as they expect.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
            Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Within 200 years they'll probably be no religion. At least in the US.

1. Goatus OQueef profile image60
              Goatus OQueefposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We can only hope Paul, we can only hope.

I'm not so confident about Utah though...

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
                couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or Hendersonville, TN.  Last count, 81 churches in a town of maybe 10 miles wide.

1. mom101 profile image59
                  mom101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

coutureoiocafe,

There may be that many buildings but religion?

Separation of Church and State? I can't help but to wonder, How is this possible? In order for a church to apply for grants, even from the private sector, they have to have what? A 501c3 status. This isn't simply a registration form.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

btw, kess, what do you mean by your statement:
            those who strive to preserve peace in this world are the one in bondage to this world...these will not find peace.
            ?

2. rbe0 profile image61
        rbe0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

wow kess, very impressive, i follow u.

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

I know what you are saying ..... but sometimes a good debate is a good debate. Some like to debate. Will it help anyone? I don't know.

1. kess profile image61

where all is blinded debates continues forever...

The one who see may debate with those who are blind but his sight will cause him to leave the blind behind him...

ok.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
            couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that, Kess.

4. Cara.R profile image65
        Cara.Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Kess, You are like Buddha, I understand you, you are very wise in your words.

2. rbe0 profile image61

"We've all heard for centuries that someday there would be a one world religion, novus ordo, "

I have never heard this once in my life, until now. I have watched tons of conspiracy videos all over the internet on secret societies, freemasonry, whatever. Nothing mentions Novus Ordo. Atleast not in a way that would have impacted my me to remember it at all.
      ---------------------------------
      "from even the bible written hundreds of years ago, in the Book of Revelation, that one day the world leaders would force people to believe in a one world belief.  Is this freedom? No. Our Constitution is built on freedom of speech for one."

- The bible was written thousands of years ago, not hundreds.
      - The book of revelation makes no sense, have you actually tried to read it? I have. Even geniuses who study it for years and years agree it makes no sense in every documentary i have ever watched, and i watch a lot of documentaries.
      - World leaders cannot force you to do anything, you are in control of your own actions.
      - Forcing people to believe something in no way involves freedom of speech. in fact its not even possible. If it was possible don't you think we would have an amendment regarding freedom of thought??? You don't think anyone thought of this possibility before you just brought this up here without thinking?
      -----------
      "What hell on earth that day will be! Because lack of freedom = hell. That's why our soldiers fight and risk/lose thier lives."

Fear monger much?
      -----------------------
      "How do you feel?"

About what?? About this post? I feel sad for you that you buy into garbage about THE END OF THE WORLD IS COMING RUN FOR THE MOOOOOON!
      ------------------------------
      "Do you think that the leaders of the world should one day decide what we should think?"

This is completely impossible, unless the government turned us into cyborgs. In that case I don't think we would even be conscious of the knowledge that we are even thinking.
      ----------------------
      "Anyways..... You can't make someone think anything. You can't force anyone rather, to give up their God. Whatever that God may be. It won't happen. Not without force."

Seems like you are totally contradicting everything you just said here, everything that I spent so much time responding to. What exactly was the purpose of you posting here? You are not here to gain knowledge so why are you here?

Time to graduate schoolgirl, try not to get left behind. You have 1 year and about 2 days left.

Wow im done here, responding to you has made me feel much stupider. good luck.

What a nice reply from someone who calls themself christian. wow.
        sounds like you're a friend of cagsil.

1. rbe0 profile image61

I'm so sorry for offending you your majesty.

how could you be christian and believe differently. wow. your majesty! you atheists know how to stick togehter. wow.

1. pisean282311 profile image61
              pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

why christians do believe differently...dont they?

so your personal attack rbe0 has just been reported. Perhaps to you it was worth the loss of forum use lol

3. skyfire profile image81
      skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

One religion ruling the world is as terrible as single country like united states ruling all the continents. The trouble with any mindset ruling the world, it opposes any criticism that affects directly to the ruling mindset. Be it religious or non-religious, it doesn't matter. You suppress creativity, innovation and many other stuff that comes from variety of religions and non-religious people. Some people are good to remain deluded all their life, that way many corporations and political parties survive. There is a balance diverse opinion, not with single mindset.

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like your summary!

Diversity is a beautiful thing!

Imagine if we were all the same?

The same as me is the scariest thought I can think of. lol

1. skyfire profile image81
          skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why? I do think that like-minded people (call it friends or family) stick together, so it's not scary.

yeah good point.

4. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The non-belief in any gods has risen from 8% to 14% of the worlds population over the last 20 years, taking into account rates of population growth averages.

If linear and all things remain relatively equal, we should see the non-belief in gods overtaking the world in less than 300 years or as little as 4-5 generations.

If however, we see this increase follow the same nonlinear timeline we are experiencing in changing technologies and the advent of being able to access most all knowledge in the world almost instantaneously, that may happen much sooner.

This isn't the future, this is today. Can we not already pick up a smartphone, ask it a question and it gives us an answer based on accessing that world wide knowledge? Will not our children's children grow up with this kind of technology, having the ability and capacity to question everything, but instead get real answers to real questions, instantaneously? Will not their children's children grow up having the capacity of knowledge and critical thinking skills of today's leading scientists when they but turn teenagers? What kinds of medical breakthroughs and energy efficient systems will they create? How will they change the world with all that knowledge and information at their fingertips?

The whole idea of little Billy asking his dad, "Why is the sky blue?" will become a joke with an altogether different punch line.

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"The non-belief in any gods has risen from 8% to 14% of the worlds population over the last 20 years, taking into account rates of population growth averages"

So how do the population growth averages get taken into account since people come to God at all ages?
        Got a link to this mathematical jaw dropper?

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

Only a very tiny percentage of people convert to religion, the vast majority are indoctrinated as children.

Do you not know how population growth averages are calculated in a demographic?

5. Anil and Honey profile image61
      Anil and Honeyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is a Good  idea for world peace. The source of 70% problems are based on the religious problems. Religion is the way to god, but men give the first preference than God.

6. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Islam is that world religion; it promotes peace, good morals and everything needed for the spiritual uplift of human beings; with brilliant reasons and arguments:

[5:4]……

This day have those who disbelieve despaired of harming your religion. So fear them not, but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as religion. But whoso is forced by hunger, without being wilfully inclined to sin, then, surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … mp;verse=0

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dream on.

1. profile image50
          paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is a realty or dream come true.

It's neither.

1. Michele Travis profile image67
              Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Many Muslims do not follow Allah, like terrorists who kill,  many Christians do not follow God or Jehovah, like the ones who kill the unborn.  Many Jewish people do not follow Yahweh like the ones who are sending bombs into Palistine.  No one follows their God perfectly.  Everybody sins.  By the way, don't Muslims want to kill everyone on the earth who does not become a Muslim?

Your statement is naive.
                This isn't a surprise.
                No one follows their G/god. They just claim to do so, yet their actions say otherwise.
                A religious term that only applies to religious individuals.
                And, how does your post(the entire thing) have anything to do with one world religion? It doesn't.

No,  I was trying to reply to Paarsurry when he was telling us that Islam was perfect.   As my post mentions three religions, it does apply to one world religion, by stating, there is not one world religion. 

Why did you say my statement was naive when you said the same thing?
                  I said, " No one follows their God perfectly", you said "No one follows theirG/god.

We both stated actions are not what their religions tell them to do.

As to a world religion have you never heard of Muslim Terrorists commiting the things they do, because they feel everyone on earth should become a Muslim, and those who do not become Muslims, will die?

If you do not believe what I have written about google something like " what will happen if you do not become a Muslim"

By the way here is a website that you may look at.
                    http://www.letusreason.org/islam12.htm

2. Cagsil profile image70

Paarsurrey doesn't nor have I seen him make the claim that it was the perfect religion. He constantly claims that it's the only truthful religion.
                    You said perfectly, which implies they follow as best a human being could possibly and that's naive. I stated that they do not follow their G/god, which implies they don't do it at all. Big difference.
                    Yes, I know about it and it's quite irrelevant simply because they will die out eventually.
                    And, like I said, eventually these types of people will die out.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

Fear is what promotes peace and good morals?

lol

7. Philanthropy2012 profile image83
      Philanthropy2012posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I don't see many people following an imaginary deity that their parents or school didn't brainwash them into.

Atheism and Agnosticism will be what we are going to end up with, as the trends suggest.

See my hub 6 reasons religion is dying for more information:
      http://philanthropy2012.hubpages.com/hu … s-A-Sadist

8. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

no world religion would be much better. imagine a world where people put as much faith into each other as they do into all these god's, just imagine.

9. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was just about to say that, but then I saw your's. It is a sad fact that secularism keeps so seperate. Imagine what the world would be like if everyone was sharing the world and not trying to own it.

10. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tell me how you will force me to believe in your Sky God.

Threats?  Death? 

You can force me to mouth the words.  You can never make me believe them.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Ignorance is lessened by knowledge and wisdom. lol

Another thing I'm honestly a bit tired of, is the certain people here on HP who post, who *say* they are unblemished in their actions; when we all see them blatantly speaking ill of others, insulting them, putting them down, downgrading is the word; why would anyone in their right mind *want* to follow one such as this?

You say, a wise saying I heard, is "by their fruits you shall know them" -funny how all the wise sayings come from the bible eh?-and fruits means actions.

Actions........ well that speaks for itself.

Okay. Onward to the arguing and belittling. Show your true colors. We all know what they are already. smile

Insults are subjective based on perception and the thin skinned.

If you *tell* me you are not insulting me- you're not?

okay.

But if you're using words like "stupid" etc...well....that doesn't go over well does it, and neither would it go over well with YOU.

Hmmmm but since you are already right about everything-- HOW could I DARE to oppose your opinion? therefore you have every right to downplay me but me not you?

correct me if I"m wrong!!!!!!!

How have I insulted you in this thread? Please point it out. I have not made any reference to you as an individual. So, don't "assUme" things not in evidence.
          I'm not insecure. People constantly call me stupid and I don't have a problem with it. I just know they don't know me. lol
          I don't claim to be right or know everything there is to know. I don't downplay you either. I only point out the irrationality of your statements.
          Don't I normally?

4. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

Another thing I heard is, Not everyone is an Einstien. Not everyone thinks geniously. But think of this: what's more important? a)An educated person who enslaves a country, or in simpler terms: abuses the innocent, kills and tortues people...... or b) a person of a simpler mind, who follows good morals and is kind and loving to their family and kind to animals?

a) intelligence
    mixed with abuse

b) less intelligent
    mixed with LOVE

OR-------

even better
    c) intelligence mixed with LOVE.

Love............what is true love? Does love force itlself on others? Can someone TRULY Love You--------if you force them? OR, if you give them a choice?

Man was made with a conscience and the free will to choose.

Man was made with a conscience? Now, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard of.

You said it earlier to me. Hmmmmmmmmm

Now, I asked if you had a conscience, because you said you need rules to follow. Please try not to mix up the two.

Humankind's conscience is a developmental unit derived from human consciousness.

2. rbe0 profile image61

"Another thing I heard is, Not everyone is an Einstien. Not everyone thinks geniously."

Was this a surprise to you, hasn't this been obvious since elementary school?
      -------------------------------------
      "But think of this: what's more important? a)An educated person who enslaves a country, or in simpler terms: abuses the innocent, kills and tortues people...... or b) a person of a simpler mind, who follows good morals and is kind and loving to their family and kind to animals?"

So you asking... who is more evil... hitler or ghandi? Hmmm... let me go research this on wikipedia real quick... I might have an answer for you in a few weeks, unless you can figure it out before me.
      "a) intelligence
      mixed with abuse"

Abuse is disgusting and this person would in NO WAY be anything close to intelligent. I guarantee you.
      "b) less intelligent
      mixed with LOVE"

Wait hold on a second... something you said that actually makes sense?? maybe your not a lost cause after all.
      ------------------------------------
      "even better
      c) intelligence mixed with LOVE."

Wouldn't it be great if everyone was like this? We can learn to be like this by being open minded, by not being easily offended, by learning to communicate, by learning that we are in control of our own actions, by taking responsibility for those actions.
      -----------------------------------
      "Love............what is true love? Does love force itlself on others? Can someone TRULY Love You--------if you force them? OR, if you give them a choice?"

Here this might help you figure things out a bit:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag9HvdWpqlk
      -----------------------------------
      "Man was made with a conscience and the free will to choose. "

Congratulations?

5. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

LOVE- is not part of the thought process. No, love is an emotion. So if you try and control and get rid of emotion, like communism? where is love? joy? happiness? I hear the communist people were oppressed. let me check my facts, correct me if I'm wrong. but they were not happy, or joyful? Hmmmmmm what about the people Hitler ruled? Were they happy? Or robots? Or killed? You know they say History repeats itself. One may have good intentions or think they do, but in fact it may be their brain that is the warped one.

1. mom101 profile image59
      mom101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

schoolgirlforreal

One world religion? It is closer than you think.

I know smile And I don't care. (if you know what I mean.)

I suppose you really can't help anyone by reasoning with them because they are going to believe no matter what you do. If you are a person of faith, you pray, that's it. If you're not......well, all you can do is talk until you're blue in the mouth.....

Schoolgirlforreal, one thing I have seen about Cagsil, is that he insults everyone.  Calls them stupid, tells them they know nothing.  He however, does not state any facts, or history.  Why is that?   I tried to reason with him also,  it was a mistake.

A bad perception on your part, but not surprising.
            If I called someone stupid, then I would have been banned from the forums, just like anyone else would. Apparently, that isn't the case, so stop trying to insinuate something which isn't happening.
            What you cannot recognize rationality? It's actually higher grade than most facts and more reliable than any written history.
            Reason with me? Present a rational sentence, then maybe you would see the difference between reason and nonsense.

lol lol

2. rbe0 profile image61

"LOVE- is not part of the thought process. No, love is an emotion. So if you try and control and get rid of emotion, like communism? where is love? joy? happiness? I hear the communist people were oppressed. let me check my facts, correct me if I'm wrong. but they were not happy, or joyful? Hmmmmmm what about the people Hitler ruled? Were they happy? Or robots? Or killed? You know they say History repeats itself. One may have good intentions or think they do, but in fact it may be their brain that is the warped one."
      ------------------------------------------------
      You are thinking wayyy to hard about nonsense, just relax and go pet a puppy or something.

why don't you tell that to cagsil. he started this whole conversation before it appeared on hubpages. I don't talk about those things, he brought it up.

mind your own business.

1. rbe0 profile image61

omg all i said was go pet a puppy.

omg, why are you still here? don't you have laundry to do or bill mayer to watch?

you are really an odd one roll lol

6. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

not possible....

Oh, VERY possible!

If they are all dead! lol

Dead men don't have religion.
      So, I agree with you. As long as there are living humas on the planet, they will have religion.

NO amount of education or evolution (or PC, for that matter) will ever change that!!! cool

yup...

7. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

Not surprised at these responses.

You may think you've hurt my feelings, but you've just proved how rude you can be.

same as always.

who knows u may have hurt some one's feelings....it is strange that as human we care so much about our own hurt but forget that others are humans too and they might get hurt...how does it matter that that person is atheist or christian or muslim or any ...if that person is hurt by my way only way or my book only book or my god only god or no god is only truth....we must say sorry then smile

right. I am sorry if that is the case. but I know I'll never get an apology from anyone here who's been rude particularly.......practically everyone. Also I did not state my statements as rude either. they were tastefully done. so, yeah, you got me, an uneducated schoolgirl who is not a pro at debating. good for you. have a good laugh. lol jerk

excuse me ,when did i be rude with u.?

I didn't specify you. but your comment was stupid. are you gonna call all your other atheist friends to come in here and say more things? Can't Cagsil handle himself without you coming to his rescue?? Again, everything I said previously was fine. you misinterpreted it. smile

enjoy!!!!!

Cagsil is one of best thinkers that hubpages can ever have...He can handle not only follower of faith but experts of it himself...he needs no support to do that...

again, how could I have hurt anyone's feelings, as my comments here - particularly to Cagsil- have all been 100% polite? Are you his personal pal and he's crying in pain that's he's upset? I think not.
        you are so full of it. but then what atheist isn't?

2. rbe0 profile image61

Why are you not surprised? Maybe because you were expecting these types of answers?

atheists are always rude without exception in the r&b forums. Of course I forgot.

Of course, you----are "almighty" with knowledge.....how could I doubt anything you say. *worship* *worship*

8. ii3rittles profile image79
    ii3rittlesposted 12 years ago

It is in the works for everyone to worship some earth goddess. I can't remember her name. The whole "Going Green" is the beginning of it. They are making people believe that the earth needs "saving" when in all reality, we need the saving. God made the earth and it can withstand anything man can throw at it. Not to mention the climent changes are bs. Its been hotter then this in the past. The earth has to go through fluctuations to make up for the constant change/move of nature and animals. People would rather play follow the leader then think for themselves.

Anyways, Its going to happen. When? I can not say, but we will be forced into a "religion" that we either agree with or hate. I will probably be killed or put in a fema camp because I only worship God (The creator of us and the the earth).

I myself do not have a religion. I believe in God and love Him. I believe a man named Jesus Christ was sent here by God to show us how He wants us to live in order to save us from our own destruction. Jesus showed us to live a life of love, not fear. Fear being lack of faith. If this makes me a Christian, so be it, but I don't need a name to state what I believe in. Most Christians don't even act or follow a true Christian lifestyle anyways. Their so judgmental. I heard of Christian churches kicking out gay people! How cruel! Yes, its a sin but no sin is greater then the other in God's eyes. Everyone sins weather in action or thought so they may as well kick everyone out. I don't go to church for many reasons, that being one.

I don't think its right to judge anyone for anything. I do it from time to time and I feel awful afterwords. Thank God.. (Literally!) He's forgiving.

yeah. that's pretty much it. I agree.
      but again, someone is going to attack me because that is what this forum is about. so, yeah , go ahead. lol

1. ii3rittles profile image79
        ii3rittlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can't please everyone! I don't am to please anyone except God, myself, & my future husband.

2. rbe0 profile image61

The problem is that schoolgirlforreal thinks that she is this goddess that everyone is supposed to worship. LOL

Hahaha! Hey! That's judging! Shoosh it you! LOL I

what kind of cake is that? it looks delicious!

worship me....hmmm where did that come from?? ha!

ohhhh boy. you are quite the kidder.

lol lol lol you know me too well

4. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

come on, baby, take a few more shots! come on...
          lol lol lol lol

2. rbe0 profile image61
      rbe0posted 12 years ago

Here is schoolgirlforreal at her last job interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghXsfD5IBKk

(Shes the guy.)

Oh wow... This forum just went from a serious discussion to no holds barred! haha

As they tend to do.

They can get even more heated than this! lol lol lol

yeah that's really offensive. lol lol lol

3. skyfire profile image81
      skyfireposted 12 years ago

By posting this statement, you became saint eh ? Oh wait, this is 2011, saints are not angels like they used to be in medieval age, these days saints are more abusive and rude. My bad, I take that back.

ya abusive and rude in name of loving god...but atleast they are rude and abusive in words ...they dont go for cursaders like their ancestors ...hey but still god is loving and merciful smile

It is you who say I am
        lol

4. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years ago

People have talked about one world religion for at least two thousands years. It can't happen. Humanity has proven that those who insist on freedom of conscience on a spiritual level will never be subjugated.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this, unless you are the type who follows the crowd willingly. But, even then, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it because you'll be doing what you want to do.

i guess it is much older than 2k years...most old civilizations time and again had thought about this concept...but u r right it cant happen ...

1. profile image0
          Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeh, but we have to keep explaining that to the Christians and Muslims. One day, we might get it through their thick heads.

both are young religions and so passion is understandable...secondly both originated from same zone ...so their quest is similar...never mind slowly and gradually zeal would die down...

No, I'm not worried about it, this is just a thoughtful discussion.

5. profile image0
      Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years ago

There will be a one world religion at some point in time.  Many will be surprised when it does happen because of where it starts.  Already for many years we have seen and read about interfaith gatherings.  These days we read and hear about the prosperity gospel, which is not the gospel of Christ but the gospel of greed.

Many leaders in the Church have fallen victim to this gospel.  Big name evangelists have taken up the cause.  There are few left who preach the truth, but God has always kept a remnant for Himself.

It is easy to mock those who believe.  It is easy to ridicule that which we do not understand. 

Some have spoken of judging in this thread and have mentioned the fact that they do not like judging but yet God, in order to be a just God, will judge all mankind.

The book of Revelation is misunderstood.  It is written as a revelation of Jesus Christ, hence the book title "Revelation."  Many see things only in the natural but not in the spiritual.  The battles that will take place are spiritual battles though the spiritual affects the natural.

book of revelation is quran and not bible...how about that?...one religion is not possible...even christianity and islam have multiple school of thoughts...all human can't think alike....humans progressed only because they could think and thinking was in multi directions....religion is mere attempt to answer questions ...when actual answers start coming , religion wont be needed much...

1. profile image0
          Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So in your words, unless I am mistaken, humans are trapped or bound by what they think of for themselves and this is the only way that man has progressed. 

Now keep this in mind.  Anytime you are trapped or bound by anything, you are a prisoner of that which binds you.  As I stated earlier, it is easy to mock and ridicule what you don't understand, (this includes me also). 

One of the biggest problems I have with some who post here is they think they understand when they really have no clue.  Their distrust helps to define what they believe to be true or not.  It is their own minds that keep them from the truth when the truth is presented to them and they refuse it.

The book of Revelation is Bible written by the same man who wrote the book of John.

u r right written by a man...now coming to ur point neither i am mocking not ridiculing , it is you who is listening to what i never said...when u said that x book is revelation , you are indirectly saying that y or z book is not....now should i read that u r mocking billion follower of y book ?...

6. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

One world religion?  Which one?  And what about those who choose not to follow this religion?  Do they get burned at the stake for heresy?

apprently, because I'd be one of them! lol

1. Disturbia profile image60
          Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol Yeah, me too.

7. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

What ! A one world religion?  What kind of think tank came up with that .....Impossible.

Hmmmmmmmm well it's been talked about by people of whom I won't mention. ... Havent' you noticed that all the atheiests in the forums wish everyone was of the same belief as them, as in no god? come on. I didn't make this crap up! lol roll

1. mischeviousme profile image61

I'm not an atheist, but I would like to see a world with a toned down religiosity. People are so quick to condemn others in the name of religion, instead of looking each other belief as coming from the same source; The human mind...

I can agree with that

smile

Just because I have no religion does not mean I don't have a god/God, I stepped away from religion because it pulled me away from my true self.

IMO I think being spiritual is more important than religious because to me it seems religious people follow a religion- and many of them are hypocrites. But being spiritual to me, is to have your own sense of God in your life whereby you use and interpet what you need to about God to help you grow as an individual. smile My belief draws me to community, to attending a gathering/church service , currently it's a bible church- evangelical where the preacher tries to inspire us- but my daily life consists mostly, I try to do this daily, of reading the bible, praying in my own words, and concentrating on doing what I believe is morally right.

8. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

WHAT TREND? You fellas always been outnumbered...you still are. Just because 3 billion people follow three major religions, there are a few hundred religions and sects. Buddhism and Hinduism have the next positions outside of the major three. YOU are deluding yourself.

9. Cara.R profile image65
      Cara.Rposted 12 years ago

I don't care if there were an appointed  'one world religion' I would still believe in what I wanted to.

10. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

Cara ,Michele .... Ditto!

11. profile image0
      Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

I don't think it would be possible to convert everyone to the same beliefs.  People will always have different ideas, and it is best to allow people to agree to disagree, without trying to make them believe in the same thing.  If however, in centuries to come, due to multiculturalism, where all beliefs become mixed together, it would be excellent, if the good parts of all religions are merged, whilst the bad parts are forgotten.  It would also be necessary to include science in any understanding of a spiritual dimension.  And as science is changing all the time, this might develop to include a spirituality, based on scientific understanding.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

On the flip side, would it be possible for everyone to understand and agree upon facts?

At the very least it would accomplish one thing, which is to unite everyone and agree about similar ideas, something beliefs have failed to achieve for thousands of years.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

schoolgirlforreal

And FORUM took my poem, :My God is better than your God,: off my hub,

School girl, Why don't you write a hub about, ;One World Religion:?

Honestly Castlepaloma- I could really care less.

The only reason I discussed it in the first place; it was fun debating.

I don't need to be "converted" to atheism lol

I hope the world dose not become :One World Order ever:

Why would I want to convert you from one extreme to another, just want a friendlier  world, where people accept people for who they are. That's good enough and dream of all for one and one for all Or some other new way of thinking like this.

Good. sounds wonderful big_smile

but how else are we going to have fun if we don't debate??

12. sparkster profile image86
      sparksterposted 12 years ago

I believe there is currently an attempt to form a one-world religion in order to implement a one-world government.

Many group try and many groups die

To be all and end all

1. Druid Dude profile image60
          Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not one world religion...one belief...then move on.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
              Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not enough time. Sorry...not a christian. Total rejection of sense isn't my bag.

It's not a christian video, it's a joke.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Wow a Christian scientist, I notice 5 times more dislike than likes.

I give him E for effort, yet no cigar

13. Druid Dude profile image60

Anyone who doesn't know the "Day nor the hour" of the bosses return are probably bad ones to ask for the age of the world. For one, they wouldnt know the Holy Spirit if he walked up and poured out all over them.

If there is a God, it would be far beyond the scope of human understanding. Just as an ant only knows you exist when you step on the hill, we probably wouldn't even know it was there.

Sorry. I call God it, because I don't think there can be a gender assigned to what we cannot truly percieve.

14. Druid Dude profile image60

You really have to try sensory dep...you guys would love it. God is and is wholly understandable in relation to what we are and everything we perceive. Hell, even Einstein knew what God was back in 1934.

With Einstein, it was not a personal God

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)