jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What code of Ethics do you follow and why?

1. bscott4388 profile image61
    bscott4388posted 6 years ago

What code of Ethics do you follow and why?

For example, Utilitarianism, Kantian Deontology, Hedonism, etc.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6083526_f260.jpg

2. learnlovelive profile image61
    learnloveliveposted 6 years ago

I define my own principles based on altruism, holistics, and gnosticism. I couldn't ever let myself be limited by these facets alone; nor find myself limited to any marginalizations thereof.

No idea what any of these codes are; will look them up - I have more important things to do like define my own principles than to study the works of those dead and gone. Maybe if I felt confused or needed guidance on these things...but I don't and never have. It's simple to understand reality and the effects of malice in contrast to that of benevolence. What more does one need? Economy?

3. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I recognize that morality and ethics are situational and that I may not always have all of the information I need to make an ethical choice.  I further recognize that my internal prejudices may cause me to rationalize unethical choices as ethical and that some decisions are simply too complex to process.

Within those parameters, I strive to be honest and to do little harm to other creatures, especially other humans.

4. Cathy I profile image76
    Cathy Iposted 6 years ago

For me, it is "To thine ownself be true".  I strive every day to lead an authentic life, a life of integrity and to be a caring person in the best way I know how.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

My ethics are guided by Christian principles, the Golden Rule, and honesty with myself and others.

6. Ramsa1 profile image62
    Ramsa1posted 6 years ago

To me, the word ethics implies doing the right thing. A good place to start is the Ten Commandments - don't lie, don't steal, don't commit adultery, etc. Can you begin to imagine how wonderful the world would be if most of us didn't lie, steal or cheated on our spouses? For starters, Bernie Madoff would be a free man, and Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant would have been millions richer.

7. Peter Leeper profile image82
    Peter Leeperposted 6 years ago

It is pretty simple for me and is something i learned in Business Ethics class in College.

It goes like this;  If the action you are about to take were to be reported in a natinowide newspaper, would you be glad that your friends and family read it and learned something about you and what you are doing.  If the answer to this is "no" than it is probably unethical from your perspective.

working