jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What it means to be saved by Christ?

1. ananceleste profile image73
    anancelesteposted 6 years ago

What it means to be saved by Christ?

This phrase is used often. How come?

2. RAcquel Fontenot profile image61
    RAcquel Fontenotposted 6 years ago

To me it means walking a new path with Christ.To follow Christ path that he has laid out for us.It is not easy walking that path because, the enemy will always throw something in your way.But,knowing that Christ is always there.It's what keeps me going.

3. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

The Christ died for sin. He took on the sin for mankind. God requires the penalty of death for all who sin. The Christ paid your penalty for you, thus "saving" you from eternal death. What you do & where you go from there is what judgement day is all about. On Judgement Day all those saved will live again spiritually,  BUT as to where in the kingdom you reside is according to your works. Your works are following Gods Commandments. Including BUT not limited to,  how you treat others.

4. teachertalking1 profile image66
    teachertalking1posted 6 years ago

Being saved by Christ, is the greatest gift of grace that you will ever receive!  It  means that we are free of the guilt of sin, that we have a Father in heaven who loved us so much that he sent his Son, Jesus to die on the cross, in our place.  Romans 5:8 tells us, "But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners". 

John 3:16  "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door [of your life] and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in. . ." (Revelation 3:20).

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

If you would like to learn more about Jesus Christ and His wonderful gift, I would recommend this site:   http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/

God Bless!