jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you say when your child asks, if God created everything, then who create

1. daborn7 profile image80
    daborn7posted 6 years ago

What do you say when your child asks, if God created everything, then who created God?

2. aka-dj profile image77
    aka-djposted 6 years ago

How many times has that been asked? I wonder!

No-one created God. God just IS.
    He always was, and will be. He created physical matter, but is, Himself spirit. It is not a "created substance", for want of a better term.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Neither of my kids have asked that question yet but if and when they do, I would use the same answer I got from my pastor years ago when *I* asked him that as a kid... "That's the ultimate mind boggler..."

4. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

The truth. God just was and always will be there.

5. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 6 years ago

If a child of mine asked me such a question, I would set him/her straight, right away.

I would tell the child, in no uncertain terms, that God WAS there, and He WILL ALWAYS BE there.

6. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

First of all I would say, "Good question!" Then I would say that some things are beyond our human understanding, but the best we know is that God was not created. He is the Creator.

If you think about it, creator begetting creation could be infinite.

Some things about God are unknowable to the human mind. I would tell my child that one day we will understand when we are with Him in eternity. There will plenty of time to ask all these questions and get answers from God Himself.

7. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Its adults, not children, who usually ask this question ... While some adults want a Physical Proof, and their like are looking for Signs of God's Existence ... to Believe.

Children ask out of sheer Innocence ... just like they ask, "Why didn't Santa bring me the Train, last Christmas" ...

But Adults asking the Question, are, the Blind, who are never to See ...

Both ask because they do not Understand ... That The Creator of Everything, cannot be Created by the Created.

Anyway ...Tell them ... to tarry a while ... Tell them, "You will certainly be given the Answer ... but you have to wait for a very short ... just for "one fleeting Moment" ...

This Life !