jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Name 3 of your heroes and explain why they are heroes to you?

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image60
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 6 years ago

Name 3 of your heroes and explain why they are heroes to you?

2. somethgblue profile image88
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

Ron Cey, because he showed that anyone can be successful at their chosen profession no matter there size if they practice perseverance, determination and desire.

My Dad, because he practices integrity on a daily basis and shows that one can rise to great heights by telling the truth always.

Jim Marrs, for being willing to lay it on the line and tell his version of the truth, while exposing himself to ridicule, persecution and professional suicide!

3. Jynzly profile image72
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

First I would like to state the common denominator and basic personal qualities and characteristics of my heroes namely; Having purity of intention, focused, intuitive; having wisdom, assertive, rich or prosperous, strength of character, among others. These three people have the preceding qualities; Shakti Gawain, Da Silva, and my Dad.

4. profile image0
    onlookerposted 6 years ago

My Dad, always taught me never to give up, to build inner peace, determination and strength. Have patience even in the most difficult of times.
    My Maa, she has always accepted me the way i am. She has tried to fit in my world rather than mold me into the ideal world. Encouraging, positive, someone i can look up to for support, gossip, peace of mind.
    My cousin, she is one hell of a person, always full of energy, always happy. She spreads so much happiness around i wish i was like that.
    When i am a mother someday these are the people i want to be like and teach my children the very things i was taught.

5. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

My three grown kids, who have been heroes as far as I'm concerned, since they were very little kids for reasons I won't go into online, other than to say that I don't mean "heroes" in terms of their "saving me" and, instead, mean it in terms of the people they are.  Other than they, and my two parents, I've never really had any heroes.  That doesn't mean I haven't known about people who have been heroes or do heroic things.  There are plenty (most not famous, some become famous).   There's a difference, though, between seeing people who are heroic and having heroes oneself.

6. KatyWhoWaited profile image60
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 6 years ago

Hey Everyone,  I threw that question out there for someone to expand upon in the contest that's going on.  I personally, would love to read a hub connected with any one of your answers that went into depth as to why these people are your heroes.  (Maybe you've already started and I just have to find them:)