jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Do you feel the fear of failure ?

1. bhaskardada profile image41
    bhaskardadaposted 6 years ago

Do you feel the fear of failure ?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

As long as there is a goal, there is fear associated with that goal.

3. ThoughtMonkey profile image80
    ThoughtMonkeyposted 6 years ago

Not at all, of course I feel the pressure to succeed from time to time. But the pressure to succeed and the fear of failure are different, each failure and I have had many teaches me something else I can use to succeed. And if in the end I don't succeed then so be it.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do. I hate failure. But it happens at times. Then we adjust and try a different way.

5. MojoDawg profile image60
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

I do but emotion sometimes creates energy and that can be used to propel us to success. One has to attempt something before your can fail, to "Fail Doing Your Best is Success" in the end. Blessings:smile

6. profile image0
    matama ellieposted 6 years ago

Yes i do.When that happens,i allow myself a few moments of panic then i make a decision on what to do.It is better to try and fail than never to try at all.Failure teaches you lessons you will remember for a lifetime.

7. rclinton5280 profile image76
    rclinton5280posted 6 years ago

I rarely feel a "fear of failure". However, a lot of people, myself included, will lose focus from the increased blood flow when under stress. Pressure bust pipes. The fight or flight response kicks in every time, and depending on which one kicks in, they will determine whether you grab the moment or flee from it. If you really want to succeed under pressure, make friends with your fight response.

8. alisha4u profile image38
    alisha4uposted 6 years ago

More than the fear of failure, I feel the fear of rejection !

9. donnaisabella profile image79
    donnaisabellaposted 6 years ago

No, I do not fear failure. The thing I fear most is not doing the things I should and thinking that one day I will wake up and find the opportunity has passed me by. So, I am not really afraid that something might not work out as I am afraid of not trying to find out how it could have worked.

10. soulsirene profile image60
    soulsireneposted 6 years ago

No, I don't. According to Kenneth Boudling, "Nothing fails like success because we don't learn from it.  We learn only from failure."

11. profile image0
    MP50posted 6 years ago

There is no such thing as failure, just a learning process, fear is an emotion trying to get out.

12. bhaskardada profile image41
    bhaskardadaposted 6 years ago

Thanks to all of you.But has there been any occassion for you to feel the fear of success ?

13. Darrell Roberts profile image70
    Darrell Robertsposted 6 years ago

I only have one real fear and that is the fear of prolonged pain. I do my best in all that I do.  I leave the results up to the judges and I do not worry.  My life is simple, try not to harm anyone, helo those that i can, and make an honest living. 

Best wishes.

14. phillippeengel profile image79
    phillippeengelposted 5 years ago

We find it hard to accept failure. We do not give enough credit to those who try, fail and get up to try again. We must not look at this in terms of forgiveness and tolerance, but in terms of admiration and respect for risk and enterprise, and fortitude and tenacity in the face of adversity.

working