jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Do you believe in Revenge?

1. alisha4u profile image38
    alisha4uposted 6 years ago

Do you believe in Revenge?

2. sam209 profile image80
    sam209posted 6 years ago

I personally don't believe in revenge, but at the same time, there are probably situations that can happen which would make me want to seek revenge. For me, it would have to be something very crucial to make me want to strike back at someone for their sins on me or someone I love.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

It's not a question of believing, some people are pathetic enough to take revenge so it's a reality; however, I don't bother with it.

4. donnaisabella profile image81
    donnaisabellaposted 6 years ago

Forgiveness is the very opposite of revenge. I could be very calculating in my intentions to revenge but I have learned that forgiveness wins the day.

5. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Vengeance is usually handled for you by Nemesis. There are times, though, she needs you to lend a helping hand.

6. profile image0
    onlookerposted 6 years ago

revenge is not the answer in fact it is a complete waste of time. Patience and time heals all and a person may not always be on the winning side, every dog has its day, time does tell.

7. karthikkash profile image89
    karthikkashposted 6 years ago

Revenge.. I am a Scorpio and my worst trait is revenge at any cost (just so to say).. But over the years after some soul searching, one thing I have learnt is that revenge is not worth the mental pain and strain, and the emotional drain it causes. Yes, it is good not forget the lessons, but it is better to move on.

8. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

100%. too many people think forgiveness is the right way to go and i disagree. giving people a break for doing you wrong is foolish. you're basically saying to them to do as they please to you and anyone else. it's like a person who witnesses a murder but doesn't tell the police, the next time that person kills some one else, it's your fault. i don't hold a grudge for the rest of my life, i deal with the problem when it arises. i have a clear conscience and a proud mind. it's not revenge though, it's justice.i wouldn't go after some one for something simple, don't get me wrong but if it is serious, i'm serious.

9. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

nightwork made a point......I agree with some of the things he has said.  If it were that serious the individual that caused you pain would humbly approach you and ask for forgiveness.  Through their approach and sincerity you would know that they are sincere in their actions and if you decide to forgive them without harboring any malice thoughts that would seal the deal.  Although most people speak of forgiveness they don't truly forgive.  Most of ya'll know what I'm talking about so don't pretend to be a saint that is holy ghost filled and sanctified (whatever that is suppose to mean).  Why would someone take it upon themselves to out of no where forgive someone who didn't care about you, did you wrong, moved on leaving you to suffer from their actions, and the best thing you came up with is to forgive them.  Just so you could move on......(confused face) are you kidding me that doesn't even make sense!  Making one of the ultimate sacrifices of bearing a cross for someone that doesn't respect or admonish the act of forgiveness much less the act of appreciating and respecting others isn't the way to go.  Reverse pyschology doesn't work all the time, it does more harm than good.

10. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

Good question.  There are plenty of times a wrong needs to be righted, but how?  I don't like to take revenge, but I also usually call a spade a spade.  Boundaries are important in life.  I let people know *that I know* what they did, and let them wonder just how far I am willing to go to set things right.  Just by letting them know *that I know* has been a good way to settling an uneven score.  In the past I would shut up and expect that it will all turn out for the best, but that is too passive for me now.  I do take action, but not to the point of actually taking revenge.

11. Thesource profile image80
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

Revenge is returning evil with evil.
    However, actions taken to simply stop evil or deter an evil act is not revenge. Such actions must not be excessive and may appear as revenge even though it is not.

I don't believe in revenge.

12. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 6 years ago

I do not believe in revenge anymore. I believe in the law and karma.  I have seen karma work and it does a good job of giving people what they deserve.  Besides all that negative energy put in to revenge could be used more productively.

Best wishes

13. howtohandbook profile image60
    howtohandbookposted 6 years ago

No, I don't believe in revenge. In my opinion the greater is the one who forgives.