jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

IS Rieki really effective?

1. dipsmi profile image73
    dipsmiposted 6 years ago

2. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

My question back to you is: effective in what regard?  Is it relaxing?  Yes.  Is it revealing?  Sometimes.  Is it 'hocus pocus'  I don't believe it is.  It is a form of energy / body work so why would it not be effective.  What are you expecting from it?

3. Ruchira profile image76
    Ruchiraposted 6 years ago

Reiki is an alternate way of healing and this hub walks down with all useful information that mankind ALREADY possesses but deters to use it. read more

4. rclinton5280 profile image79
    rclinton5280posted 6 years ago

The massage is tough on the muscles, but will definitely work the knots out. I have had one, but only one. As far as the spiritual side of it, I can not really comment. I did not have any type of supernatural experience. I don't recommend trying it if you are sensitive to pain. It is a vigorous massage.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Okay I have to preface this by saying I really am USUALLY not into this kind of hocus pocus.

I worked for a therapist that was trained and certified in Reiki.  I didn't think much of it and I mentioned my neck was tight.  She approached me from behind and I had no expectations - she didn't mention Reiki. 

She held out her hand and barely touched my shoulder and there as this flow of something like energy-like the way it would feel if you had your hand on a hose and could feel the water running through it.  It was really surprising.  So I have learned not to discount stuff I don't understand.

I believe it could be effective if done correctly.

6. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

It depends on who is doing it.  Things can only be effective when you are dealing with someone that is official

7. alisha4u profile image40
    alisha4uposted 6 years ago

I have heard a lot about Reiki lately.... and i think, it really works....

8. CorinneCanada profile image58
    CorinneCanadaposted 6 years ago

I passed my Reiki level I and it really really changed things for me. Like I was vibrating at a higher level or something. My energy was different, better, and I was able to help my partner too with my new Reiki energy. Why don't you try it?

9. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Reiki is applying the universal Qi energy to focus on healing with the hands.

Similar to those who are practising Qigong and the energy itself is from the mother earth. If you are able to tap this Qi energy and it will help to heal.

I do try it and it is effective when healing my wife who was in extreme pain the last time.

working