jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you believe balance in one's life is the key to a life well lived?

1. Barbsbitsnpieces profile image81
    Barbsbitsnpiecesposted 6 years ago

Do you believe balance in one's life is the key to a life well lived?

2. Insane Mundane profile image61
    Insane Mundaneposted 6 years ago

I'd concentrate on living your life well or as you see fit, as the balance at hand will most likely find you anyway, and/or eventually.   Call it the Yin & Yang of the cosmos, if you desire a reason for such things...

3. msorensson profile image73
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Life is a Symphony. Who lives fully, plays the music. Who loves deeply composes it.

It surprised me the other day, I asked my colleague at lunch if he thought me emotional, and he said "You are not ruled by your emotions..". That is the perception of an outsider but someone who knows me pretty well, a dear and long time friend. And here I was thinking, Oh, I am too emotional, too caught up by the drama of life..

If everything is perfectly balanced, then I think it becomes too predictable..

I think that is how most people would describe me..predictable, consistent and congruent...

4. Trevor Davis profile image55
    Trevor Davisposted 6 years ago

It all boils down to what exactly one wants in life. Some people want and enjoy the extremes while others are the more cautious of decision makers. When the time comes and one reaches his or her final moments where their life flashes before their  eyes, the defining moment is if what they saw made them happy.

5. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

It is like the Yin and Yang.

Everything in life has to balance.

Once it is out of balance, it will re-adjust itself and balance back. It is also like the Karma's effect. Every action we do, there will be a resultant consequence.

If you realise how to balance your life then everything will work out fine the way you wanted. If not, it will re-adjust itself and have a different result.

6. profile image49
    kaya44posted 6 years ago

I think its a right thing but awareness is more important than to be balanced

7. Stevethepainter profile image60
    Stevethepainterposted 6 years ago

Moderation in all things.  Isn't that what the ancient Greeks philosophied?  I suppose that can be applied to "balance" as well.

I personally would be worried about obsessing over maintaining a Balance !

In the search for "the ANSWER" to  life's mysteries, many people expend emotional energy on treading water, which often drains them to the point where they are at risk of emotionally drowning.  Wouldn't you agree that making for shore is can be a smart move?

Tricky question; the short answer is YES, but with a caveat: part of balance is allowing oneself the ablility to get OUT of balance now and then.

8. anupma profile image79
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

yes I do, because harmony is very important. In fact happiness is a state of harmony. So balance plays pivotal role in our happiness. Balancing attitude always encourages people to move in right direction. Our thinking and action decides what we are and our future would be.
    So balance is very important for happy life.

9. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago

Yes, balance in life is the perfect life and how it's suppose to be.

Everything has a polar opposite which is the extreme opposite of each other. Being in the middle (balance) keeps us from extremes.

working