jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

If you had the chance to be someone else, would you?

1. AnonymouslyAmanda profile image59
    AnonymouslyAmandaposted 5 years ago

If you had the chance to be someone else, would you?

2. skipper112 profile image61
    skipper112posted 5 years ago

No because I do not know what their jounrny through life is like.

3. accofranco profile image84
    accofrancoposted 5 years ago

I would still love to be "Me"! If not, then 'Jesus Christ'!

4. Bonijun37 profile image66
    Bonijun37posted 5 years ago

No! because I am happy just being me. I enjoy life serving the God I love and I wouldn't want it any other way. John 3:16-17

5. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

no-why take on someone else's life?  I'm enjoying this one.

6. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

I have my share of problems and I am still light years from attaining perfection, but I have learned a number of things over the years that make being "me" worthwhile.

Besides, being "me" has its priviledges such as having the finest children west of London and east of Paris. I also have the love of God in my life so how can it get any better than that?

And, one of the things that I have learned over the years, is that the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. So, no, I wouldn't want to be anyone else, inspite of all my flaws.

7. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

No way! Don't want to loose all my experiences ....... wink

8. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I rather be myself.

I kinda love myself for what I am so I don't think I want to be someone else.

I guess if a person is somehow not happy in life will have the option to choose otherwise.

As for me, I rather stick to be myself.

9. JamaGenee profile image83
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

Are we talking temporarily or permanently?  If the first, then yes, I'd like to be someone else.. for a short time.  Specifically: short (5'1" or 5'2"), blue-eyed and blond.  Just to see how the world looks when I'm not constantly being asked "How's the weather up there?"...or "Why are you angry?" because my dark-brown eyes don't twinkle when I'm in a good mood.

10. profile image0
    mcals71posted 5 years ago

Your question proposes a permanent change into someone else and for that reason I have to say no. The reason for me is that I regard myself to be a valuable human being despite my imperfections. I have had triumphs and failures in life, but I learned from them all. I think there is a place for me in the Universe, because here I am. There must be a reason for that. I would love to be closely associated with people who are wiser and holier than me so that I may have an opportunity to learn from them and to grow at a faster pace. But that's another question.

11. Mala Srivastava profile image59
    Mala Srivastavaposted 5 years ago

I don't want to be someone else. I love myself the way I am despite my weaknesses and shortcomings. The best thing I can do for myself is to overcome my shortcomings.

12. jainismus profile image70
    jainismusposted 5 years ago

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ Let me think.........
    Sorry, my ego does not permit me to be someone else.

13. alisha4u profile image38
    alisha4uposted 5 years ago

M pretty happy with the way I am.. or let me put it this way "I love myself" !!

14. Java Programs profile image60
    Java Programsposted 5 years ago

If I had the chance to be someone else I would have love to be a Soldier, serving for my motherland. Would have "Lived Like a Man and Died Like a Legend".

15. tigerbaby777 profile image84
    tigerbaby777posted 5 years ago

Ohhhh wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all walk in another's shoes for a day or two?  What things we would learn!  What humbleness we would experience.

I see so many people who criticize and hate other people and they don't even know them.  I always think Wow!  I bet if you walked in their shoes for a minute or two you would change your tune.

Yes, if it was strictly temporary.

16. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

I would rather be the true me (immortal spirit, Holy Ghost, child of God), within, rather than this flimsy, vulnerable ego I'm wearing.

working