jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Which is the most painful moment of your life?

1. Malak Patel profile image60
    Malak Patelposted 5 years ago

Which is the most painful moment of your life?

2. habueld profile image86
    habueldposted 5 years ago

My most painful moment was when my brother was shot and killed 10 years ago. he was in a crack house. He wanted to buy but the dealer wouldn't sale to him. He went crazy in the house and someone got a gun and shot him.

3. duffsmom profile image58
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

The moment I was told my mom had died. I was 15 and it left me the last member of my immediate family. Scary stuff at the time--no scary now, but still painful.

4. unknown spy profile image75
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

when my granny died..my life also died that time..well, until now. its very painful still..

5. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 5 years ago

Omg the first painful moment that came to mind once I read this question was the day I decided to eat breakfast at subway.  Oh no so disgusting and nauseating....just aweful!  I really don't know why subway come up with the idea that they should serve breakfast

6. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Great question. However, like joyful, happy, sad, etc there are so many to choose from. Painful? Most painful moment in 'my' life? I'll be truthful. Do not take offense to this reply since it has nothing to do with you, other than being a facilitator and your question is a writing prompt.

The most painful moment in my life to this point is answering this question. Not only did my focus go to my present physical ailments afflicting me at this moment, but those that are mental as well. Overwhelming.

Next, I drew upon my past life. Was a there a moment more painful than this moment reflecting on pain. What comes to mind is the book by C.S. Lewis titled "The Problem of Pain," Highly recommended read on this subject.

Now, I ponder the pain before me I anticipate experiencing - physical, emotional, mental, and social (I will go to work today).

And then, conflicted with experiencing the present pain of reflection, I seek pleasure to alleviate that pain. Some of those solutions may temporarily relieve the pain, but in the long run may cause further pain, i.e., smoke a cigarette, etc.

Now, a portion of a study I completed many years passed was the works of Francis A Schaeffer, which offers a solution too.

Finally the act which I will draw upon is mediation. I will listen to the sounds of the universe through natural VLF radio signals and meditate. Maybe the Universe will share something with me.

And, if you give credence to synchronicity your last name is the last name of the psychiatrist who's care I am in. Great Man! Second, I realize a good friend I have met here at hubpages is from the same homeland as Schaeffer. A connection? And, another finally, Lewis is my writing teacher of sorts along with the rest of the Inklings.

Now, I am not in pain - thank you, Malak!

7. Catzgendron profile image73
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

Was the moment I  had to tell my daughter who was 5 yrs old that her daddy had died.  For many years that moment and the aftermath of pain seemed to linger and our life was a nightmare for quite awhile.

8. revengadown profile image55
    revengadownposted 5 years ago

My most painful moment was when my exgf cheated me