jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which is better; blind faith or educated faith?

1. MilesArmbruster profile image59
    MilesArmbrusterposted 6 years ago

Which is better; blind faith or educated faith?

2. ibexground profile image59
    ibexgroundposted 6 years ago

Educated faith because you are asking why to the questions to establish root answers.

3. krillco profile image92
    krillcoposted 6 years ago

I think faith may always be 'blind' in that this is the nature of faith:  there is no intellectual proof. Education in theology, however, greatly enhances the faith experience and gives us great tools to inspire faith examination in others.

On the other hand, the band 'Blind Faith' was like, awesome!

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

In my mind, blind faith is when someone believes in something just because their parents did, or because it's the 'norm' for where ever they live. They don't ask questions, they just follow. Where as an educated faith would be someone who asked themselves the tough life questions and, based on their experiences and ongoing knowledge, found their faith as the most accurate description of how they feel about everything. Personally, I think educated faith is better because the people who reach out into the greater world to find their faith are more likely to be understanding of others who don't have the same faith, because they understand how one's personal journey can't be bullied or converted; it's just who they are.

working