jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do you define yourself?

1. JosephumCarissimi profile image61
    JosephumCarissimiposted 5 years ago

How do you define yourself?

2. WitchesMIX profile image72
    WitchesMIXposted 5 years ago

I believe you are only defined by your actions. This is why I don't understand those that are prejudice, racist, or any other for of 'ist' or 'phobic'

Race, religion, sexual orientation, all are unimportant and irrelevant to the way one behaves individually and the deeds he/she performs

3. JosephumCarissimi profile image61
    JosephumCarissimiposted 5 years ago

@withchesmix--couldn't it be argued that "religion, sexual orientation" ARE actions and therefore defining? (just to play devil's advocate here)

1. WitchesMIX profile image72
      WitchesMIXposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Indeed it could, and I did think that when I wrote it. However an asshole Christian or pagan will be an asshole. A selfless one will be selfless. If one lived by the concrete morals if their religions there'd probably be a lot less scornful behaviour

4. Rina Pinto profile image60
    Rina Pintoposted 5 years ago

Galatians 6:14 "As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died."

Romans 15:17 "Therefore in Christ Jesus I have found reason for boasting in things pertaining to God."

The above Scriptures must be reflected in us. Only to boast of Jesus Christ - A Complete define of me a humble servant for Jesus!

God Bless you

1. WitchesMIX profile image72
      WitchesMIXposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I really like these scriptures, and you, like many other Christians have such a wonderful love of God and Jesus Christ and an unfaltering faith. Remember never to let anybody make you doubt that faith. With faith you have that feeling of purpose and

working