jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Those of you who are religious, what is your view on appropriate tattoos such as

1. thelyricwriter profile image93
    thelyricwriterposted 5 years ago

Those of you who are religious, what is your view on appropriate tattoos such as a cross or angel?

2. LailaK profile image76
    LailaKposted 5 years ago

My view is that if it's against what I believe in, I should not do it. Even though it might be a cross or an angel, but it's like tricking myself into believing that it's okay since I am doing it for God. Good question smile

3. heavenbound5511 profile image77
    heavenbound5511posted 5 years ago

If you already have it whatever- God doesn't care about that-it's only skin deep.

If you go get a tattoo right now that's your choice- be led by the peace God gave you in Christ.(you know within you if you are at peace or not)

This kind of stuff isn't how God looks at us- it is the heart of the person he sees.

This is what I end with:So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.1 Corinthians 10:31

4. coffeegginmyrice profile image83
    coffeegginmyriceposted 5 years ago

I am not sure if having a tattoo with a cross or an angel would let the person of faith in inside the church to attend mass. I have witnessed a well-dressed couple and the woman had a tattoo of satan on her right calf. I didn't like the motive myself for her coming in to hear mass showing her tattoo like that, it could have been covered with pants.  A church volunteer immediately spotted the unwelcome mark on her leg and asked her politely to leave the church.

As a Catholic, a tattoo of a cross or angel indicates that I admire and believe in those symbols. But I truly feel that it is not appropriate to show it off depending on a piece of clothing the bearer is wearing that exposes it; if this person is going to church, attending weddings, or any other religious affairs. I guess it would be the same for exposing ANY obvious tattoo and not limited to religious tattoo symbols.

The church asks people to dress appropriately out of respect, what more with ink marks on our body?

That's a good question you have, thelyricwriter!

5. tillsontitan profile image87
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

I believe I am religious but I also believe what you do with your body is up to you.  If you believe a religious tattoo is a statement or testament to your religion, that is your belief.  I don't think we have the right to tell others what to do or what to believe.  As heavenboud said, I don't think God is looking to see if you have a tattoo or not. So, an appropriate tattoo (of any kind) can be very tasteful and it may even be religious.

6. Eric Calderwood profile image85
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

I don't feel that it is appropriate at all to permanently mark (and in my opinion disfigure) your body with any kind of tattoo.

7. Sold Out to Jesus profile image59
    Sold Out to Jesusposted 5 years ago

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
    Leviticus 19:28
    Now this is OT, but our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. I myself have two, but I wasn't living for God then. All a person can do is follow their conviction and follow the word. I would say pray about it smile

8. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

None are appropriate. Any tattoo is a statement of MY will ; not his.

9. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

All I can say is God loves you and He wants you to follow Him.  He cares about you loving Him and living for Him.  My view is that tattoos are not going to change your relationship with Almighty God.  I would say, pray about it and see what the Lord leads you to do.

God bless you,