jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Wine sinful?

1. Sold Out to Jesus profile image61
    Sold Out to Jesusposted 5 years ago

Wine sinful?

Is it false teaching that having an occasional drink is sinful?

2. MrsLWarner profile image66
    MrsLWarnerposted 5 years ago

I believe it depends how often. I don't think it's sinful in small doses because it is used in communion at church, and they speak of wine in the bible.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Well when you think of the - water to wine thing, Jesus didn't think it was sinful.  I think it is the excess that some people indulge  in that cause problems with the church..

4. petenali profile image86
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

I have always said that it's not the wine that is sinful, it's the abuse of it.  Lack of self-control is the sin.  As Christians we need to always be in control of our lives.  Lack of control with alcohol will cause us to act in a way that does not reflect well on Jesus.

5. blessedp profile image81
    blessedpposted 5 years ago

If it is taken out of proportion or abused.
    A little wine now and then is good for the body.  Not to be consumed that you are not in control and whereby committing a sin. 
    As Christians we know the rights and the wrongs that applies to the use of alcohol.

6. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

I believe it is false teaching. Wine in and of itself is not sinful - only drunkenness.

7. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

The sin comes in when it becomes gluttony.  Remember gluttony is one of the ten commandments....  God made all things good, but with limits.

8. internpete profile image89
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

I agree with many of the responses here already, Wine is not sinful. However, many people (Christians) in order to avoid being tempted to drink too much, have said it is actually sinful. Jesus enjoyed wine with His meals, and so do I!