jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Has anybody ever tried to prove that people who can see spirits are actually see

1. wandererh profile image74
    wandererhposted 5 years ago

Has anybody ever tried to prove that people who can see spirits are actually seeing something?

There are people who claim that they can see spirits or ghosts.  Has there been any experiment conducted to bring 2 of these people together, and see if they can see the same spirits?

2. Everyday Miracles profile image87
    Everyday Miraclesposted 5 years ago

Interesting question.

I've had shared experiences of seeing things of seemingly supernatural origins. I've also shared experiences of phantom odors (mostly things like coffee and baking apple pie. Strange, yes?). One time my husband and I each wrote down a description of what we'd seen and compared them.

But I don't think that's quite what you're asking. You're talking about mediums, right? People who claim to be able to see into the spirit world? I am not one, so I wouldn't know. But a long time ago I compared what I saw in a location on the astral plane to what someone else saw in the same location and our descriptions were eerily similar.

1. wandererh profile image74
      wandererhposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If God was to appear in front of me, and a friend next to me saw the same thing, then it makes what I saw that much more believable.  I was asking if there were any scientific experiments along those lines to "prove" that ghosts are "real".

2. Everyday Miracles profile image87
      Everyday Miraclesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't know how scientific the sort of experiment you're talking about would be. EMF detection indicates that there are unusual electromagnetic fields in areas purported to be haunted, though.

3. wandererh profile image74
      wandererhposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm thinking of 2 of such people, who can't talk to each other, looking at the same space. If one sees something, and the other sees the same thing, and it's repeatable, that will be proof enough for many. Sry, can't discuss more...250 chars. Argghh!

3. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 5 years ago

I understand what you're asking, but I think that the more important question would be to ask whether people really see things.

As Everyday Miracles has said, she has seen things that her husband had seen and the results were "eerily similar".

In many of the parapsychological programmes that are shown on the television, many psychics have been brought together in the same place to see whether or not they see the same things and whilst to the believers of ghosts and entities of that nature, the evidence was overwhelming, it has never been enough to satisfy the rest of the scientific community.

Usually, the reason is that the conditions are not what could be described as 'laboratory' or the methods used were not considered to have constituted a valid experiment.

In my opinion, they never will. The goal posts are constantly moving and whilst those who believe - or would like to believe - will see the results as proof enough, those who do not, will never have enough evidence to change their minds.

4. jennzie profile image84
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

I saw a show where they sort of did this- I think it might have been Psychic Investigators, but I can't be positive. There were two psychics that were brought on a crime scene separately to see if they could pick up on anything related to the crime, and each of the results were compared to see if there was any truth behind it.

5. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

My mother talked to spirits from the time she was a little girl.  I grew up thinking it was quite natural.  My youngest daughter seems to have this same ability.  She has been in therapy, put on anti-psychotic medications, etc. but it didn't change a thing.  She still saw and heard these spirits and she had knowledge of things she couldn't possibly have had any way to find out.  I finally ended all the therapy which began to seem like more torture and abuse than help, and took her off all medications.  Aside from this special gift or ability she has, she's a happy, healthy, well adjusted teenager, and she has wisdom way beyond her years.  We are very close and I haven't had any of the drama with her that I had with her older sister.

6. Alastar Packer profile image82
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

Google The American Society for Psychical Research.  Their records and writings go back to 1885 and continue on to the present day.

working