Why are atheists afraid to deny th Holy Spirit?

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (160 posts)
  1. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 14 years ago

Cruising these forums it's easy to see that there are a few atheists who spend their time protesting against God's existence and accusing the brethren in general.

But why are they afraid to speak against the Holy Spirit?

Could it be these verses of scripture?;

Matthew 12:30-37

"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.

You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Can it be that in their heart, they just ain't 100% sure that what they preach is true?

HEALTH WARNING

This is a serious matter and I am NOT advising anyone to speak against the Holy Spirit, for that appears to be an unforgivable sin, however this obviously only applies to believer and agnostics. Presumably any atheist will have no problem about it.

(light blue touchpaper and retire! smile )

1. ionerice profile image60
      ionericeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been on many secular websites where Atheist Blaspheme and curse Gawd.  An Agnostic may not speak against the Holy Spirit but a true Atheist will take pride in the denial of such entity.  Have you ever visited the Ex-Christian website????

aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Evo I haven't where is it? - I'll take a look!!

1. ionerice profile image60
          ionericeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ExChristian.Net - ArticlesArticles and rants written by former Christian believers who have determined that Christianity is nothing less than a false and delusional cult.

exchristian.net/exchristian ยท

Thanks

2. Blogging Erika profile image68
      Blogging Erikaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hell, I'll "speak against the holy spirit" all you want, if that's what it takes to convince you.  I'll speak against Santa and the Easter Bunny and unicorns too.  Why not?  I'm having a slow day at work.

The problem is, I literally don't understand what it means to "speak against the holy spirit." 

If you can tell me what magic words to say, in order to satisfy your curiosity, I'll be happy to say them.

1. TimTurner profile image70
        TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha  "slow day at work"

You mean you can actually get paid to speak against the holy spirit?  Double bonus!  Sign me up!

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just want to shout out a big thank you to aquasilver (not sure if that is his real name or not) for reminding me why I do not follow the christian faith.

After being persuaded that this was "wrong" he decided take it private instead and to add to the comments on my hub about evolution.

So - a great big thanks and I love ya to AQ for reminding me why I do not do christian.

The love is just a little too painful. sad

But I am sure he feels good about spreading this much positive energy.

Thanks again. Feels good. A good christian at his peak of love for his fellow man. Well done.big_smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/creation-v-evolution

http://hubpages.com/profile/aguasilver

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
        Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

Must admit, I was expecting that!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But - were you expecting the Spanish Inquisition? lol

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
            Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

http://firebreathingchristian.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg

Let me heat up a couple of branding irons. Be right back big_smile

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

MORE DELUSIONS!
    I'll stick to my ilusions big_smile

But will not answer the question huh Tantrum!

I understand, you're a cutie really and won't take the risk!

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
        I won't take the risk ?? yikes
        I thought it was crystal clear, that I don't believe in ANYTHING
        Crystal Clear, ha, Aquasilver ? lol lol

Ditto what I said to Evo... if you don't believe in anything, what have you got to lose?

I Don't have anything to lose. Thanks God ! lol
            I'm only giving my opinion, that's all. This is a free forum,right ?
            If someone doesn't like it, he/she can move on !

3. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

me scared of out of this world things, metaphysics et al cos I am a horsie

4. Evolution Guy profile image58
    Evolution Guyposted 14 years ago

lol lol lol

Dear oh dear - yet another religionist who wants a fight.

And they wonder why they are despised?

Sorry you are too ignorant to understand what atheism means.

I suggest a decent dictionary Daddy. wink

Afraid? lol lol lol lol lol

Yup a 5LOL moment.............

So you WILL speak against the Holy Spirit?

That was the question, where is your answer?

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
        Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLOL

The Holy Spirit does not exist Daddy. Sorry to burst your scary bubble. LLOLOLOLOL

How can anyone "speak against" something that does not exist?  Let me know when you have saved up enough money for a real dictionary. wink

So go for it big boy... get speaking against what you say does not exist, what have you got to lose, if you are SOOO very sure!

1. profile image0
            Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aquasilver, what you`re doing is wrong.I am a believer and know the word concerning blaspheming the Holy Spirit.This person is not a believer and you are trying to bait him into blaspheming the Spirit, which none of us can really put our finger on that exact sin.But you`re trying to get him to cross that line thereby damning his soul to eternal hell.Jesus made no distinction, priest or athiest.You do it, you`re damned. You better think about what you`re doing.

1. profile image0

You should have never posted this in the first place.If you are a true believer, your heart should condemn you.

How do you take it down, anyone know?

2. aguasilver profile image70

Hi Rick,

I did think about this first, and had (and still do have) a reserve about the situation, but I wanted to get these folk to ask themselves that question.

I don't think for one minute they will actually speak against the Holy Spirit. If they did it would NOT be their first time.

I'm not on the Hub to be on these forums, actually I want to write and develop my writing skills such as they may become, but when people bait Christians and attack what I came to believe in after coming from their team, I often react. I hate reacting, I much prefer responding, but life runs in real time and sometimes we don't have the luxury of reflection.

I respect your views, if two other  Christian witnesses will confirm your opinion, I will take this down immediately.

I'm not trying to get people to commit themselves to damnation, I'm trying to stop them playing at being "big men before a puny god of their/our imagination"

Like I said it's a SERIOUS matter, and note that none of the normal rationalists have been able to do what I spoke about.

WE know who the believers are, will you speak up in this matter and give me your guidance?

2. Evolution Guy profile image58

Go ahead and tell me what to do - I  don't know what you are looking for here. I see you are trying to frighten me and I am laughing at your ridiculous attempts to do so - Daddy. lol

2. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it's under the short leg of the couch wink
          (quoting Marge Simpson)

as for me, I don't believe in THE CHRISTIAN GOD, and I have no fear about denying THE CHRISTIAN GOD's existence or associated holy spirits and whathaveyou.

thank you.

1. Pr0metheus profile image57
            Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that.  (lol)

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know what it means and, if I were you, I would take my extravagant self worth issues to a good counselor.

Sorry it bothers you that I am not scared. sad

Wonder why that is?

1. profile image0

I'm not sorry, I'm sad you don't have the where-with-all to understand the self centered positions you have chosen. The denial of love and your continous atempts to attack Christians obviously come from some personal issues you are conflicted about. Look you will be alot happier if you go find yourself a good therapist who can help you work thru those issues. Don't be ashamed, we'll still be here and we'll still love you unconditionally. God Bless You.

I am not ashamed. LOLOL

Sorry you are too scared to be yourself.

Not a fan of the passive aggressive attack though. Thanks for reminding me why I despise christians like you. A passive aggressive attack is still an attack. Still - never mind  _ I am sure Jeebus will forgive you. lol.

If that is love - you can keep it. wink

I do not need a therapist thanks. I am not the one with the imaginary friends. wink

1. profile image0

I know I can speak for all good Christians, we still love you unconditionally and if you ever need a friend we'll be there for you.

Are you deaf? I have read your hubs and seen what your opinions are and listened to you show the love.

Like I said - if that is love - you can keep it.

I think you need a dictionary too. Any one who claims to love everyone unconditionally and then writes  clearly does not understand the meaning of the word "love" or "unconditionally".

Too bad - now perhaps you understand why I do not want  your love. It hurts too bad and you do not know what is best for me. sad

1. profile image0

Yes I do.

No - you do not know what is best for me. And the very fact that you think you do tells me you have not understood one word in your book. wink

2. TimTurner profile image70

Christians (not all) are way more self-centered than non-believers.  You are very judgmental and elitist and prejudice.

I'm probably way more spiritual than you and "love my neighbors" more than you.  And I didn't need a book to tell me to do that.

5. lmathiasen profile image60
    lmathiasenposted 14 years ago

I could debate this subject and would not even get blue in the face , why because it is very simple , just add one o to god and you get GOOD , just be good live a good life , live your own life . The word god starts wars because the human race is very competetive so one has to be better than the other but these competitions should be kept to more simple things like growing roses . So my motto is LIVE AND LET LIVE , And may GOOD be with you

goasklinda

6. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

What's the big deal?

I deny the Holy Spirit because I don't understand how he could exist. I'm not preaching, I just don't have the same understanding of our existence as you do.

You accept the Holy Spirit because you obviously have understanding and a different perspective from me. That's the beauty of individuality and choice that we have varying beliefs.

"Cruising these forums it's easy to see that there are a few atheists who spend their time protesting against God's existence and accusing the brethren in general."

Get used to it here. Christians, and people of all faiths challenge each others beliefs as well here. There are a few particular hubbers that are Christian that do the same as you mentioned except against atheist 'beliefs.'

7. TimTurner profile image70
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

I think denying the existence of this "holy spirit" is "blasphemy" enough, don't you think?

The holy spirit does not exist in my world.  That doesn't mean it doesn't exist in your world.  Belief is a powerful thing.

8. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 14 years ago

OK folks, this post is closed as far as I am concerned, my apologies to Rick for placing Rick in an uncomfortable position, and for starting something which was not fully considered.

Rick you were correct to pull me on it.

I retire from the field, debate, discuss argue amongst yourselves as you wish, as I said, I came here to write, these forums are taking up writing time.

So what are YOU scared of now?  haha

Dude, you are obviously a fearful person.  You can't live your life like that.  You can't be scared about what a book says or what someone else says.

Rick believes you were wrong in what you did but that doesn't mean he's right.  You really need to find yourself man.

You went from over-confident to scared in about 10 posts.

1. profile image0

You're late for class and you need all you can get.

What does that even mean?

1. profile image0

Find a good mentor who can help you resolve your issues, so you can someday go on to be a productive and happy adult.

Issues?  Did you see your fellow believer go from "mega-confident" to scared out of his mind because another believer told him he was wrong?

I don't have issues and know exactly what my world consists of.  Your world and my world are different and our realities are different.

You run your life "god-fearing" and I don't.

1. profile image0

Hey Tim, man I'm a Dad of a college junior. I know exactly what your saying. I'm just pulling your chain the same as I would my own son who at 20 and thinks he knows everything and his feet are cemented to the ground. You will continue to grow and modify your positions for many more years. "When I was 18 I thought I knew everything and when I turned 30 I realized I knew nothing!" Thats why they say that youth is wasted on the young.

Haha ok I can respect that position and can't argue it.  I was a big believer when I was younger though.  Just not anymore.

1. profile image0

You're a good man!

9. Dgerrimea profile image61
    Dgerrimeaposted 14 years ago

Fuck the holy spirit.
    What gave you the idea that atheists are scared to speak against the holy spirit?

1. profile image0

More words of wisdom from a voice of the all knowing, sure.

10. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

Why go through all this trouble ?
    Why deny ?
    Why affirm ?

What do we know ? And how do we think we know something ?
    What do we know about the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost ?
    Except they took the next train for the coast ?
    Some day with no music ... Huh ?

11. steffer profile image61
    stefferposted 14 years ago

Ah noooo

not that topic again

Aren't Christians told to love each other to not judge one another or you will be judged???

look we atheists don't beleive in a God or jezus or whatever the F*** there may be, so accept it and don't judge like we are some weird aliens. It's not because we don't believe in the stories written in a 2000 year old book that we are bad people, we also have values, we also know the difference between right and wrong, between good and evil.

My personal opinion is if there really was a God, then why would he let so many people suffer in the world?

12. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

The holy spirit is a lie.  The bible is a lie created by man to govern and control people (and from the looks of it, they're still doing a great job 2,000 years later).

GOD IS A SINE WAVE.

P.S. BOO BRONCOS

1. profile image0

Your Mama!

13. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

I fail to see how starting a thread practically daring non-believers to condemn themselves(under your beliefs)and then agging it on when they don't, is in keeping with Christ's message at all. It's despicable and twisted. Where is the love or understanding. Are you not supposed to minister to those who do not believe instead of trying to incite them to condemnation. You know exactly what you are doing, and instigating these people into something like this makes you just as guilty as they, I suggest you go back and read some more of what you quote specifically about being responsible for the words you speak and their effects on others. This is just sad and an embarrassment to Christianity.

14. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Well I approach things from a different angle, may not be your way but it's mine. I don't preach I just to keep it light and have some fun. That way maybe they'll realize Christians aren't an alien race here to eat their brains.

15. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Wow when I read the first post I couldn't help but shake my head in disgust. Why start a thread like thsi, seriously? Are you looking for a fight or just trying to condem yourself to hell? Seriously! I am a believer but I would never post a stupid thread like this to start fights with anyone. I am with Rick on this one...you condemned yourself by trying to get others to talk bad about the Holy Spirit. You seriously have issues dude!

Seriously it's ppl like you who make me gag in disgust and really get annoyed with others who say that they are believers.

And I'm with both of you !
      Hi Crazd ! smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey Tantrum...nice new pic...have missed chatting with ya!

16. profile image0

Oh Evolution Guy never got to say Welcome to hubpages. smile

17. profile image0

And Welcome to you too Tim Turner smile Hope you 2 have fun posting hubs and posting in the forums.

18. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I find it interesting that someone would post a thread like this.

I would expect it to be someone like me, more than someone of any form of religious belief.

I could understand me making this argument, but then again, not I am that crazy.

Even though I am not of any religious following whatsoever, I still find the arrogance in which was used to bring forth the argument has led one to belief that a person needed or felt the need to confirm their own belief, at the expense of others.

That being said- shows precisely how irrational 'religious' beliefs can make any single individual person.

19. prettydarkhorse profile image62

He needs verification from others and want others to fry themselves in their own oil, while he is sitting down and reading all the comments which he hopes will be justifying what he believes in.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But on the other hand, he wants or thinks, he is better than those who are willing to engage. And, that is his first mistake.

He finds himself above others. That arrogance needs to be seriously addressed by whatever means necessary. If it is humility he seeks, I guess he found it.

lol

2. profile image0

lol I agree with your prettydarkhorse but what he fails to see is that he is frying himself for even starting the thread. lol

But that is the flaw in most people who want to discuss religion. This see themselves above those who don't have the same belief. They seem to think that they are somehow 'special' in some way.

This in and of itself is ridiculous, because their arrogance is based on something themselves don't truly understand.

That has always been one of my gripes about those who practice a religion and then speak to the public. To pass on your own view when you yourself do not have a complete picture is completely irrational and insanity run amok.

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

1. profile image0

I`m not like that Cagsil.I`m on the same playing field as everyone else.But I am a believer.

Rick,

You don't need to explain.

I've seen what you say and how you act.

So, please don't take offense, just because you're a believer.

I generalized, because it is easier then pointing out specific people.

2. profile image0

I'm religious and I don't think this way at all. I like to discuss religions because I am interested in hearing others beliefs...I don't think i am better than anyone else nor do I like to fight about religion. I enjoy people being who they are even if that means believing in God or not

Did I name names of those who do it?

No, like I just said, I generalized.

1. profile image0

Okay Cagsil just wanted to make sure that you all know I'm on your side. smile

3. profile image0

Prove it. You said it so you must have some varifiable knowledge of it. So, prove it. Prove what we don't understand.

You opening your mouth to defend something you yourself cannot prove exists.

How much more proof do I need.

1. profile image0

I just wanted to see if you were good enough to prove a negative. I'm not but you might be.

I won't sit here and justify the atheists position, because they each still practice some sort of religion, even if it contradict itself.

All religions are useless to society and have no basis.

1. profile image0

You seem very nice and I'm sorry you had a bad experience with religion. Still friends,ok?smile

I didn't have a bad experience with religion.

3. tantrum profile image60

He can wait sitted for ever, then !
      Maybe he likes to be beaten! lol

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLO

20. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Look people I doubt that was his intention to create this kind of drama. He asked why it was always God and Jesus that bear the brunt of the 'we hate religion crowd'. Regaurdless he's still human and may have stated his question wrong or was too strong in his approach. You have to realize, you that believe should already, the comments made by non-believers in the forums are as offensive or more so. Let's face it they love to use our religion against us, "if you're a real Christian you would....". Well whether any religious comments should be made by true Christians or not is an arguement in it self. I'm not willing to go to the gas chambers quietly and thats what happened when a religious group stood by and waited for humanity to step in. Let's face it if it's not worth fighting for it's not worth anything. We only have two cheeks what do you propose when both have been slapped?

1. profile image0

Sorry sneak but from what he told others he was wanting this drama so that he can say others have condemned themselves. he even said coxing others to say stuff against the Holy Spirit..it's stated on the first page.

1. profile image0

I know, but maybe he didn't get it right.

2. tantrum profile image60

I think you're too naive. Why start this kind of thread in the first place ? We are bored to death with this 'christian thing' about us fearing or no tfearing God, Hell etc. !
        and yes, I have to cheeks, but I don't feel they have been slaped.

1. profile image0

I understand Tantrum, and  maybe I am I just don't want someone driven off because they overstated their case. This one of the two subjects that should never be spoken about outside of close friends, no matter what you believe.

3. Evolution Guy profile image58

No no - don't be modest.

We hate religion because of people like you.

Well done.

*clap*  *clap * *clap*

lol

2. linda-patriot profile image60
      linda-patriotposted 14 years ago

I don't know that atheists speak for or against the Holy Spirit.  If they don't, I doubt they know of the Scripture in Matthew.  Could be their inner conscience, telling them not to go that way.  We all have an inner voice that tells us when we are about to mess up.  I doubt they've given any thought about the Holy Spirit.  I don't know the dictionary meaning of an atheist.  I don't care enough to look it up.  I just pray for them.  Someday they may be led to believe.  I am blessed, The Holy Spirit sent me down to be baptised when I was 12 years old.  I accepted the Lord when I was 24.  I haven't lived a perfect life, but Jesus has never left me or farsaken me, even though I turned my own way several times.  Now I pray for Gods will to be done in my life.  I've found His will is the very best will for me.  I pray you'll find Him as well.

Well, don't pray for me ! It's rude you know. I'm not asking , thank you ! sad

1. profile image0

LOL Oh Tantrum I love you!

I love you too crazed! smile
            I'm a woman, I suppose you know ?

1. profile image0

Yep I remember we had tha discussion in another thread...I think someone called you a guy there and you said nope wrong ro something like that lol

And what i can't love women too? Shoot gotta go tell my mom lol J/K!

lol lol
                Nope ! Oh I love the way you are !! lol
                See here

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/24850

lol

1. profile image0

Aaaa...cool. that was before I came here lol

2. profile image0

Very well said!

3. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Just a technical moment here. If you're an atheist, and don't believe in God, or Jesus etc. Then how could you be afraid of denying something that doesn't exist to you. That would be like me saying I don't believe in Ghosts then hiding under the covers and hoping they go away. The things you believe in only have power to the extent that you give them.

1. profile image0

Hear!Hear!

2. Evolution Guy profile image58

LOLOLO

That is why I laughed at the idea of being afraid.

The religionists seem ti think they can scare the non believers. lol

1. profile image0
          Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know that they don't scare you, and they shouldn't be trying to scare anyone. I do not understand where this kind of extremists attitude comes from. I often wonder if they're reading the same book I am. Truth be told and maybe its not right, I really just don't care what any of you believe in. I don't care if you're Christian, or Atheist. I learned something important in the Marines and that is when the bullets start hitting the meat its not so much an issue of who your buddy prays to, as long as he has your back. In the meantime I go on in life allowing people to prove their worth as friends and people by their actions and character not their religious preference. I have said it before, religion is a plague on humanity and peace. If you believe in God you need to do it by arriving at your own conclusions and learn to develop am intimate personal relationship with him. If you don't believe in God that's okay he's not for everyone, and the things that I appreciate may not apply to you, so be it. But I would still stand up for you and your well being, even if you didn't appreciate it. My faith tells me to practice my belief through action and living not vain repetition and words.

Well said.

4. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years ago

cagsil wrote :

'All religions are useless to society and have no basis.'

wrong
      religions are very usefull to societies,because they regulate people. And 1 of the foundations of society is religion, no matter what's the name.

I don't think so.

If people were self-responsible enough and used rational thoughts, reinforced by honest actions...we would have no need or use for any religion.

But people are not that way lol
          And societies don't like individuals ,they like masses

That's where people's ideology has to be changed.

It isn't about the masses. It is about an individual living an honest life, via honest thoughts and honest actions.

If people understood more about their own existence....then this conversation wouldn't be happening because religion wouldn't exist.

5. profile image0

I think we should just let this thread die like the other stupid religious ones.

Like you really think that will happen?

Come on, let's keep it real.

lol lol

1. profile image0

lol I am keeping it real...if ppl ignore this thread it will get pushed off the page and vanish the way it SHOULD be

No doubt, but now I am having too much fun.

If you never take advantage to have fun, then how can you ever have fun?

lol

6. Cagsil profile image70

Hey tantrum,

It isn't that societies don't like individuals....it those in power who want to control the masses and make them do what it is that they want.....meaning an agenda.

An individual only has to live their life.

Protect life through honesty and love for humanity.

You're too idealistic for my taste! lol
        But I agree with you 70%  smile

no doubt, and you're fun to be around too, most of the time.

lol smile  big_smile

7. Cagsil profile image70

time for dinner

bye all

8. fatfist profile image65
      fatfistposted 14 years ago

With all due respect, you have it all wrong.
      The Holy Quadrinity dictates that:

Allah = Jesus = Yahweh = Holy Spirit

may peace be upon him and please do not use his name in vain.

Use whose name in vain?

9. Len Cannon profile image88
      Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

Why are (all members of group X) (alike in this arbitrary way I have decided) always make for a good talk.

What in the world is that suppose to mean?

10. Len Cannon profile image88

Why are all men rapists?

Why are all Republicans afraid of the truth?

Why are all puppies terrible?

Why are all women bad with money?

Why are all gays transvestites?

answer: they're not, don't say they are

Only in the minds of women. There are very few cases of woman rapists, because most women can maintain their sexual desires until the time to release... lol

Most republicans as well as democrats each have a hidden agenda they don't want people to know.

Not all puppies are terrible. That is your opinion.

Women are not as bad with money as men are and that's been proven.

This queston is irrelevant, because not all are. It is an assumption on your part.

Bad to answer your own questions....it leads to your talking to yourself, even when you are talking to others.

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

11. Len Cannon profile image88

Sure, you figured it all out when you had a crib sheet at the end.

Yeah, but there is one difference.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

lol

12. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60
      TheAllSeeingEyeposted 14 years ago

The only way someone can understand the spirit is if they understand themselves within. I don't just mean understand feelings or thoughts, everyone has come into this dimension with freewill. I mean understand themselves inwardly, having control over emotion and recognising intuition and holistic thinking, having the ability to see outside the physical reality, thinking outside the box.

Everything in this existence has a duality. If there is good there is bad, if there is light there is darkness, if there is happiness there is sadness. It's the same as the physical world. Where there is matter there is anti matter, where there is solid there is also space. The spirit is the duality of the physical. That is why we have physical feeling and spiritual emotion.

People who only know how to look outside of themselves for reasoning, knowledge, satisfaction, joy, fulfillment, security, confidence and encouragement will struggle to understand the world within themselves. The inner spirit when discovered is the highest form of power, self being, happiness and consciousness, but more importantly it is infinite and always with you, while the outside source of happiness is temporary.

That is why people feel so up and down. Why people suffer with patience and are so temperamental, suffering mood swings and waves of anger fits. Why people feel so depressed, tired and fed up. Their happiness is determined by others around them or incidents that happen on a daily basis. These people unknowingly give off negative energy fields that are usually picked up by others like themselves. That is why someone who is wound up seems to attract every Tom, Dick and Harry who wants to throw in their pennies worth.

Someone who isn't in tune with their spirit wanders through life having bad thoughts and attracting more bad luck than good.

13. prettydarkhorse profile image62

Why are atheists afraid to deny th Holy Spirit?

Are they?

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Afraid? You must be kidding. I don't know any people who are afraid of any holy spirit, after all, they don't believe in it.
        When it is your myth, it is your fear!

14. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It is patently obvious that the OP is terrified of his invisible boogy man spirit!
      To anyone who is aware of psych, this is a projection of his fear on to everyone else!
      What a crock! lol

15. topshelf profile image60
      topshelfposted 14 years ago

I'm a Christian and I know I didn't understand the Holy Spirit until I had accepted Jesus as my Savior. And I don't think they're agianst it, they just understand it.

16. topshelf profile image60
      topshelfposted 14 years ago

*don't understand it

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)