jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

"If you don't have the best, make the best with what you have". Agree or Disagr

1. bankscottage profile image97
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

"If you don't have the best, make the best with what you have".  Agree or Disagree?

I know a coach that used this for motivation for the team, but I think it goes way beyond sports.  To me, it is a great guide to life.

2. Dancilla profile image71
    Dancillaposted 5 years ago

I agree to that statement. It is so true what it is conveying.

3. Eric Calderwood profile image84
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

Absolutely!  Why mope around and cry about what you don't have.  If you look hard enough, you will see all the wonderful things you do have.  Make the best of it!

4. teyeger82 profile image77
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

I agree with Eric. Not everybody can have the best and quite frankly, I think there are some things you don't want to have the best of. That can get you into a "be careful what you wish for" situation. Instead of worrying about not having the best or not having something at all, people should look at the things they do have, the people they have, the relationships, etc. and then look around and think about how much worse off they could be. Maybe that would make them thankful for what they do have.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

Oh, I absolutely agree! In life there will always be those better or worse off than I am. Enjoy life- it's a wonderful gift.  This gift will be even better if shared! I'ved learned that the biggest downer comes from comparing myself to others that appear to have grander houses, etc.. That's when the little green monster raises its ugly head! The reality is : who really knows what goes on in THAT person's life? Sometimes money and possessions are substitutes for love and attention.

6. Vegas Elias profile image29
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

I absolutely agree with you. I make the best of what I have. I live in a small apartment but I feel like a king because I do everything that many who possess mansions my not be getting the time to do. I read, I browse the internet, listen to music, be on hubpages, have a drink, all in a day and then I go to sleep fully contented.