jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

When you die should you go towards the light?

1. againsttheodds profile image78
    againsttheoddsposted 5 years ago

When you die should you go towards the light?

Many near-death experiences leave people with the image of a tunnel or a light that is beckoning them to come towards it like a phototactic moth that obliviously circles a street lamp.  Should you go towards the light?  Or is it a trick to keep you confined on Earth (reincarnation) and in human form or otherwise?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6578698_f260.jpg

2. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 5 years ago

There is a fantastic block of knowledge called Death the Great Journey by Dr Samuel Sagan.  Of course it's on the topic of death and the afterlife journey.  Takes into account experiences and also helping those preparing for death.  Not your average book, it's more a knowledge track.   I've used it twice for people who have passed on and had amazing experiences myself.

1. arksys profile image90
      arksysposted 5 years agoin reply to this

what kind of experiences? have you written about them. i'd be interested to read them.

2. Jewels profile image84
      Jewelsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I haven't as yet but do intend to.  I was surprised to be honest, firstly because I didn't get along very well with my father, and secondly the vision I was having was amazing.

3. lovemychris profile image59
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

This question has bothered me for years. Because I heard a John Dean (I think his 1st name is John...know his last is Dean) Anyway--he was being interviewed about this .....and he said, "Don't go to the light, it's a trick!" the interviewer said, "Would God really trick people like that?" and he said, "No, but Satan would."

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Interesting analogy with the moth. I personally don't think about this since I have a Biblical perspective on life and the "afterlife." I trust I'll know when the time comes, and will find out then whether there is a light or not to follow. I think those of us who are confident about where we will spend eternity because of our belief in eternal salvation through Jesus Christ do not think about a light to follow after death so much as we think about a light that we will live in that is like none we have experienced here on earth. For me, both a believer and a medical professional, the verdict is still out on whether there is a light to follow following death. The most important thing is where we will spend eternity and I believe the answer lies in the decision we make for or against Christ while we are still living. Once we have died, and whether or not we see a light to follow, it is too late to make that decision.

5. wandererh profile image77
    wandererhposted 5 years ago

Interesting question, and never thought that it could be a trick.  When it is my time, I would gather a team of scientists and engineers and together, we would send a probe through to see what lies beyond.  If it checks out, then we would go through ourselves.

I know, I have watched too many sci-fi movies.

6. willrodgers profile image70
    willrodgersposted 5 years ago

There is reincarnation.  there is no Astral Projection. These are the lies of the Devil

working