jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Does going to church make you feel peaceful and calm or does it make you frustra

1. baygirl33 profile image59
    baygirl33posted 5 years ago

Does going to church make you feel peaceful and calm or does it make you frustrated coming out?

2. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I'm not  regular attendee, but, when I do go, I find great satisfaction in it. I LOVE the choir, enjoy the scripture and sermon, and really sense a connectedness in prayer. We share sacraments once a month. I have never been one to hang around afterwards. I say a few hellos and quickly leave.  I'm tired of false friendships: those who pray and share with me in Bible study like sisters but treat me on the street or in my workplace as if I'm a stranger. It's only a few, but it really is an eye-opener. My church is in a very affluent neighborhood, so snobbery is common to those not in the inner sanctum. Most, however, are nice.

baygirl33posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I hear you about the false friedships,but that's how you tell who people are.  Thanks for answering.

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Why would going to church make anyone feel frustrated? It makes me feel "peaceful and calm" and re-grounded. I just recently found a Bible-believing church to attend and the pastor and members are very friendly and genuine people.

4. Vegas Elias profile image29
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

I feel peaceful and calm when I visit the church when there is no service going on. I like to sit there silently may be for a few minutes or half an hour. But I get tensed up and frustrated long meaningless sermons by priests who have little knowledge and do not really know the meaning of what they speak.
    Of course now I don't visit Church any more. In fact I do not visit any religious place at all.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I've haven't felt frustrated at church for many years since my wiggle worm children became adults. I feel very peaceful and assured when I leave church nowadays.

6. teyeger82 profile image77
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

Going to church seems to ground me at the end/beginning of a busy week. I find it to be a beneficial experience. It's the getting there (mostly related to getting a child to cooperate!) that can be stressful for me but once I get there, everything is fine.

7. daisydayz profile image86
    daisydayzposted 5 years ago

Personally I find it calming. I went regularly between the ages of 14-17 (on my own, my parents arent religious) but then stopped when I cam to uni, I go occassionally when I can now and it is very peaceful to me. Unless the sermon is bad or a little awkward!

congrats to a 14 year-old who goes to church on her own!  Thanks for answering.

8. ratnaveera profile image70
    ratnaveeraposted 5 years ago

Going to church for at least weekly once will certainly improve your mind and body health. Indeed this is one of the natural ways to keep our good health. Praying God in church will also improve confidence and naturally help to lead a peaceful and successful life.

9. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Generally, attending church is usually an uplifting experience, however, there has been an occassion when the Word was confusing, or attitudes of the congregassion was sour.  I have even visited a church before and felt very unwelcomed.  In the end, it is what you make of it.  I go for clarity, companionship and a mood lifter to the spirit!  No mater what intent one has for attending a church, more than not, one will find it there!

10. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

When I go to church I leave out feeling peaceful and calm.  The only time I feel frustrated is if it is too hot inside the church.

11. pstraubie48 profile image87
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

Going to church make me feel peaceful and calm. The church I attend is tiny and we are like family. It is easy to feel God's presence there. I wrote about it in the following article:

http://pstraubie48.hubpages.com/hub/pst … hthepsirit

Thank you.I'll go there!

Closed to reply

working