Is rebirth true?

1. Vegas Elias profile image29
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

Is rebirth true?

There have been a couple of cases where children have talked about their earlier existence and even located their family and related the type of death they underwent. I find it difficult to believe these stories.

2. lone77star profile image82
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

There have been more than a couple of such instances.

Dr. Ian Stevenson wrote a book in the 1960s giving 20 cases suggestive of reincarnation, but these were not the only ones.

http://www.the-love-of-god.com/reincarn … tories.php

When I worked for a designer on Melrose Place in Los Angeles, she told me of newspaper stories back in India telling often of such things. One was the story of a 5-year-old boy who was concerned about his former wife. You see, he had buried the family gold and had not informed her before his untimely death. He returned to his former family and corrected the situation. In a land that acknowledges reincarnation, it's still a difficult subject to discuss because of the caste system; embarrassing to admit that your high-caste child may have lived in a low-caste family in a prior life. That condemns the caste system.

But reincarnation is also to be found in the Bible. Jesus tells his disciples that John the Baptist was Elijah returned. And the Kabbalists (Jewish mysticism) believe in reincarnation and they had a hand in writing Genesis. (I discuss this Genesis connection in a series of Hubs on the Bible's first book.)

working