jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you honestly think your a good person?

1. executivecatering profile image81
    executivecateringposted 5 years ago

Do you honestly think your a good person?

It's a question I often ask myself but how do you define a good person what I think is a good person may be just an average person to someone else.
    I think back over my life and usually the bad things I've done come to mind over the good things or maybe the good things are just not that interesting. 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6808601_f260.jpg

2. yeagerinvestments profile image86
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 5 years ago

Defining what is "good" is probably the best way to answer. I suppose if you ask 100 people what good means, you would receive 100 different answers. I am not a good person as defined by my faith, but because of my faith I have been made good.  smile

3. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Positive self esteem is one of the most important facets of human character. I believe that the striving to be a good and caring person is a constant work and sometimes, I feel hat I have fallen down because of how I feel in my heart about some occurrence on the world scene or political issues. How we are perceived by others is important to most people and I believe that most want to be liked and respected for their good characters. As for me, I'll leave the judgement up to the Good Lord and my fellows.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I always try to be the good person I want to be.

As a human being, there is always a tolerance limit where I might show signs of not acting like a good person.

For example, between my wife and I when comes to educating our children, we believe in one acting good while the other as bad. So, to my children, I am always the bad one who will forbid them to do certain things. My wife will be the good person where they seek comfort.

Whether good or bad, I believe we know it in heart. For me, my heart is always leaning to the good side.

5. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

Honestly I try my best to be a good person. If I actually am a good person or not will depend on who you ask.  I try not to think about such matters, I just have to do my duty and move on, let the universe/God be my judge.

working