Do you believe in karma

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. amymarie_5 profile image67
    amymarie_5posted 11 years ago

Do you believe in karma

Do things happen for a reason?  Is your life the way it is because of your previous actions or is it all random?

2. profile image0
    mariexotoniposted 11 years ago

I personally don't. But I wouldn't exactly call it random either. I mean- it is random to some degree, but I really think when something happens for me, it's because I did something to make it happen- I made the choice.Or someone may have control over another person and the controlling person can make whatever events happen.

A very small degree of your life may be "out of your control", but I never find myself explaining it away with "there's a reason for everything".

Even with more serious events in my life, like with my grandfather's passing, I didn't think there was a reason he had to die when he did, just that it happened and it sucked.

3. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

All things happen as the Universe directs.  All things are as they should be at any given moment.  There is no coincidence nor chance whatsoever.  The ebb and flow, give and take, earn and spend......are the continual flow of all energy.
    Karma is as Real as life itself......for all good or evil that is sent forth, so shall it return, within it's time, forgetting no gift nor curse.....recognizing even those faces which try to disguise themselves....for it is through the heart, we are known....and the  heart does not lie.            Great question.

4. YvetteParker profile image59
    YvetteParkerposted 11 years ago

Yes, things happen for a reason. Everything has purpose. Some things happen as a result of our actions or choices; while others happen for reasons unrelated to anything that we have done or said. Then there are those times when we are affected by the choices and actions of others. Some people just call it LIFE.

5. Johnkadu123 profile image71
    Johnkadu123posted 11 years ago

I believe in some sort of destiny and that we all get what we deserve. I am not entirely sure whether that is Karma.That particular word has been borrowed from the Eastern Tradition and is now primarily used by Americans in the South (I am only speaking from my perspective and how I view popular culture). It is an interesting concept but perhaps it teaches us to be careful about what we do because we could end up paying a big price.

6. yeagerinvestments profile image70
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 11 years ago

Yes, what goes around, comes around. Things may not always happen for a reason but it's ironic sometimes how they work out in the end.

7. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 11 years ago

The universal law of cause and effect, karma, is a form of rough justice in the universe.  Not only that, but it's the means by which we learn that everything we do affects everything else in the cosmos; we are all interconnected; and that what we think, say, and act upon affects everything else in existence.

You could say that it's also a means by which we learn lessons.  If we eventually realize that what we do to others comes back to affect our own lives, we will perhaps become more aware of our place in the bigger scheme of things.

8. Virtuous1 profile image61
    Virtuous1posted 11 years ago

Oh yes we all will reap what we sow. we all have free will and we can't control what happens to us but what we can control is how we react.

9. YogaKat profile image74
    YogaKatposted 11 years ago

I honestly think EVERTHING is connected to karma.  I truly believe Christ died to show how karma is releated to reincarnation.

10. dghbrh profile image80
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

yes i do believe in Karma. whatever we do it comes back to us. so i try to do everything positive and never consciously do anything negative to others. this simple and easy mantra i try to follow at least every day.

11. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 11 years ago

Yes.

I believe in Karma & Merits.

It is the cycle of life - when you do something, your action will result in a reaction. It will come back to you again in a cycle.

That's why we are taught to do good so you will not have bad things coming back to you.

If you believe in spiritual plane and you soon will realize that your action can result with a reaction quicker than what you think.

12. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

I do not believe in "karma".

Having said that, the Bible states that if a person lives by the sword they will die by the sword. It also states that a man will reap the crop he sows, and will be judged in the same likeness as he has judged, etc.

In Biblical terms, this is called the "Law of Reciprocity"

13. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

Yes, I do. For the simple reason that it motivates and encourages you to always  be on the right path.

14. AmberLeanne profile image59
    AmberLeanneposted 11 years ago

I believe in karma to an extent. Are there are naturally occurring consequences for our actions? Yes. Is there some mythological force out there punishing us for our wrongdoings from adolescence? No.
    I believe that our decisions place us in certain circumstances that may leave us vulnerable for either bad or good things to happen. But, unfortunately, the bad people of the world, don't always suffer; the good people of the world don't always prosper. It's sad, but true. I'd like to believe in karma, but instead I believe in God who says that evil people will eventually be punished and the righteous will eventually come into glory. So, I guess, maybe that is the ultimate karma...

15. gmarquardt profile image86
    gmarquardtposted 11 years ago

As a historian, no I do not believe in Karma. I believe that people see coincidences all around them that they believe is Karma. Bad stuff happens to everyone! Oddly enough, though, I live my life as if there was Karma, hoping that good outweighs the bad.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)