jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are you attracted to the more mysterious, arcane, and darker aspects of life ?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Are you attracted to the more mysterious, arcane, and darker aspects of life ?  Why?  Why not?

2. CR Rookwood profile image83
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

I am, and I think it is a way to feel closer to my mother, who was very ill while alive, then died young while the two of us were estranged. She was very interested in the paranormal, as was her mother, and so on. My maternal grandmother was a Hungarian painter who lived in the coastal woods off Route 1 in Oregon. Both my mother and her mother were difficult women in different ways, so I din't get much mothering. I think that kind of sticks with you.

Darker arcane topics are associated symbolically with the feminine side of knowledge, as are intuition, magic, imagination, and imagery. All those topics interest me.

I also feel that modern culture suffers from the stigma attached to these aspects of life by being more detached from both the physical and nonphysical world, and being more into control and the ego than is healthy. In my writing I try to bring some validation to the darker, feminine aspects of knowledge because I believe the world needs that.

3. Saved by Jesus profile image57
    Saved by Jesusposted 5 years ago

Before I got saved, I was.   All I wanted to read was Stephen King and Dean Koontz, and watch any horror movie that came out.   Now though, I have a real loathing for stuff like that....

4. nanderson500 profile image87
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

I have always liked mysteries, going back to when I was a kid. So I am definitely attracted to that type of stuff. I like horror movies as well.

working