jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is the most misunderstood aspect of practicing the religion known as Wicca

1. K9keystrokes profile image90
    K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago

What is the most misunderstood aspect of practicing the religion known as Wicca (Wiccan)?

For some, the thought of witchcraft is placed right in line with wicca (Wiccan) practices. Many think this pagan religion is all about casting evil spells and ill-will. What do you think is the greatest misunderstanding surrounding the Wiccan religion?

2. backporchstories profile image81
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Wicca is not Satanic like most people assume.  They are two different people with to completely different agendas and beliefs.

3. 4elements profile image74
    4elementsposted 5 years ago

That we are evil beings bent on taking over the world and that we worship the devil which quite frankly is funny seeing as we don't believe in him. Also when people don't understand something they fear it and hence to help cope with their own fears they make stuff up. I know that if asked I would gladly help explain what it is we believe or do. In fact most wiccans I know would. I would love to help clear up any miss guided information

4. Radical Rog profile image80
    Radical Rogposted 5 years ago

Calling it a religion. Religion requires the individual to conform to the theology and doctrine of whatever religion it is. Religion requires the individual to be totally obedient to the priesthood of that religion. Wicca, or whatever name you choose, is a path for those seeking the hidden spiritual knowledge made secret by the imposition of religious theology. Religion would declare heretic and burn at the stake all those who don't conform to its imposed theology. Wicca, withcraft does not.
    The path of seeking spiritual knowledge is open to all and all follow their own individual path even if they join a group. All of this is illustrated in the occult symbol of the labyrinth.

1. KarlawithaK profile image65
      KarlawithaKposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely agree with your answer. Of course the misplaced association with Satanism is high on the list of misconceptions as well. Fundamentally, Wicca is not unlike Buddhism in that it is a school of thought more than a religious institution.

5. Daniella Lopez profile image93
    Daniella Lopezposted 5 years ago

I've often been 'informed' that Wicca is Satanic. Wicca is the exact opposite of Satanic beliefs.

6. Michaela Osiecki profile image78
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

That Wicca is all inclusive, when really it's rather gender-specific and transphobic.

working