jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Does religion really work?

1. hazeleyedbeauty profile image77
    hazeleyedbeautyposted 5 years ago

Does religion really work?

Local church's sign says "love god, love people, change the world" I say people have been doing this for quite some time and I dont see any significant changes... how about you?

2. afriqnet profile image51
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

I would say that religion does not really matter, what matters is whether you have reverence for God whatever you conceive him to be. A good dose of positive mental attitude and reverence for God works well for me  smile

3. GoForTheJuggler profile image88
    GoForTheJugglerposted 5 years ago

If it were easy, everyone would do it. It's easy to love your friends and family, but loving your enemy is considerably more difficult.

4. cam8510 profile image96
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

I have lots of experience on this topic as well as lots of hubs.  Religions, all of them, are man reaching out to God.  I believe God has reached out and revealed Himself primarily in his creation.  As we observe every aspect of our universe, whether through the microscope or telescope, there are things to be learned about the greatness and provision of God.  Religion complicates it and adds very little.

5. Saved by Jesus profile image56
    Saved by Jesusposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not.  "Religion" does not work at all.  What works is believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for our sins, rose on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of God, interceding for us.  When you believe this with your whole heart and ask Him for forgiveness for your sins, He will make you a new person whose whole desire is to love Him and love others.     Many people try to "work" their way to God through their religion and church, and it absolutely does not work at all.

6. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

People who are religious are typically happier, more satisfied in life, and help those around them more.

1. hazeleyedbeauty profile image77
      hazeleyedbeautyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

honestly im not religious at all and im really happy and satisfied with my life. i teach and im an LPN helping people is what i do best... explain that...

2. lburmaster profile image84
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Easily. You found a place where you fit in that makes your life meaningful and accomplished.