jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

C. Rice, H. Clinton & M. Albright -vs- B. Obama & M. Romney Which team wins

1. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 5 years ago

C. Rice, H. Clinton & M. Albright -vs- B. Obama & M. Romney Which team wins

If C. Rice, H. Clinton & M. Albrigtht were to from a presidential team to face off against B. Obama & M. Romney, which team would be MOST likely to lead this nation out of its current economical mess, political mess, and social mess?  Why?

2. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

Since this is obviously a "never will and never can happen" scenario on at least two fronts, one occuring twice:  the "Presidential triad" paradigm America will not EVER see, lest our constitution one day stipulates one vp as the captain of logistics, statistics, congressional schedules, bills in committee AND that progress is a daily (or at least regular) occurance, and communicating all of the above to the Pres., and the other the master diplomat, foreign and domestic, and s/he who carries out the President's agenda (after all due process and sausage-making has been done and that agenda voted on, tweaked, voted on. tweaked, until minds have met at some vision) where a vp can (probably pr, dip. relations, congressional arm-twisting (not toward one result or the other, but to a RESULT!).  Of course, wrt the ultimate responsibility of the vp (to be ready to lead immediately upon whatever event, condition, disease, death, or incapacitation should render the pres. unfit to perform the duties of his office), that would have to be decided either by constitutional mandate, or by the President him/herself upon taking office.  The co-vp immediately becomes full vp unless and until the interim president chooses her own replacement to fulfill those functions s/he just vacated as duty compelled.

I like Hillary Clinton and think she is a master Secretary of State.  I don't share the same political label as Dr. Rice, but both as a person and as a former S of S, her intelligence, thoughtfulness (willingness and ability to devote time and effort to the hard work of thinking things through thoroughly), diplomacy and ability to listen seemed very obvious strengths.  Albright served...ohhhh....I see your angle!...as S of S under Bill Clinton, by almost any account a very successful presidency.   Her diplomatic, academic, and multi-lingual prowess and background would be invaluable in policy authorship and/or "sausage-making", foreign policy at a very focused and highly skilled level, and foreign *relations* at a level of familiarity and intimacy not claimable by any federal-level politician in American history.   The 3 of them would arguably be the most talented and effective Executive administration ever.     Sorry, Mr. President, but this is hypothetical.  I think you are the best president since Lincoln, but Romney is a deal-breaker for me.  That arrogant, elitist chauvenist and self-focused narcissist needs to go back to Belmont, MA and Romney Estates & fade away.

1. davenmidtown profile image89
      davenmidtownposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, I smiled the whole way through.. even chuckled now and then... awesome!

3. breathe2travel profile image78
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

I simply cannot imagine C. Rice on a cohesive team with H. Clinton or M. Albright... nor Obama & Romney.  Too difficult to imagine for me!

working