jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

When a person prays, "In Jesus' name" or "In Christ's name", do they mean the sa

1. CarolineVABC profile image77
    CarolineVABCposted 5 years ago

When a person prays, "In Jesus' name" or "In Christ's name", do they mean the same thing?

Christ means the "anointed one." So, when we pray and say, "In Jesus' name" or "In Christ's name", do they mean one and the same?

2. christopheranton profile image75
    christopherantonposted 5 years ago

The name is pretty irrelevant. You can pray to Jesus and call him "Splog a log", if you want.
    Since He is God, He will know that your prayers are directed to Him because He can read your heart.
    Anyone who tells you different is wrong and "splitting hairs".

CarolineVABCposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for commenting, christopheranton! I highly value each and every comment here. Thanks again!

3. HAexpressions profile image75
    HAexpressionsposted 5 years ago

An example of Jesus the anointed one or Jesus Christ being used in prayer can be seen in Acts 3 when Peter and John went up to the temple at the hour of prayer. The lame man was asking for alms when Peter says silver and gold have I none but such as I have give I thee, In the name of "Jesus Christ" of Nazareth rise up and walk. This prayer was answered as the man immediately received strength to walk. If they did not mean the same thing or were not directly unified this prayer would have not been effective.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom, HAexpressions! It is very much appreciated. Thanks for commenting!

4. scubadoggy profile image76
    scubadoggyposted 5 years ago

Of course, since they are the same person!  The Messiah, or the Christ, is Jesus. Jesus the Christ, or Jesus Christ our savior.

I agree that Jesus Christ is our Savior. Thank you very much for commenting, scubadoggy!

5. suvitharoja profile image71
    suvitharojaposted 5 years ago

Good observation. Many times people pray as if they are reciting some verses. At the end when people say In Jesus name, most of the time it is just a formality. But there is a great meaning in that.

God has chosen Abraham and his children to be own people. Later Israelis have enjoyed the honor being God's children. God has saved from every problem.

Jesus came to this world and died on the cross to save us from sin. Now mankind are not under the control of law and are eligible to be saved. However, only those people who accept Jesus as their personal savior are saved. Our salvation is ready. We need to claim it by accepting Jesus.

When we accept Jesus, we become the children of God. Otherwise we are sinners and are nothing. Today we have our right along with Jesus the Son. So when we pray something, we claim it in Jesus name.

That is why we close the prayer saying In Jesus name. God has placed Jesus name, a name above all names.

Your sickness has a name, but Jesus name is above all names
    Your financial problem has a name., but there is a name above all names

So whatever is our problem, we can overcome it in Jesus name

Hello suvitharoja,

I, completely, agree with you that when people pray "In Jesus name," they are not aware of the true significance of it. Sometimes, people pray this way believing that all of their petitions will be answered.

Thanks for commenting

working