jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you believe in the "Law of Attraction"?

1. Robie Benve profile image99
    Robie Benveposted 5 years ago

Do you believe in the "Law of Attraction"?

Is it true that our thoughts and attitudes are the masters of our destiny? Or is it only a nice fable?

2. profile image0
    Chasukposted 5 years ago

If anything or anyone is the master of our destiny, it is ourselves.Even if this control is a fable, live it like it is true.

3. carol7777 profile image91
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

This is an excellent question.  As you know there are many books on the subject favoring this concept.  Mostly famous people with stories of their success. In any ways I do believe. When you expect good and feel it is "real"...You cannot force good thoughts in your head no matter how hard you try.  So believing is one step in that direct.  That is not always easy.  Dreaming and planning about winning a
    lottery won't get the prize.  However I do believe we attract people in our lives that we often need to have.

4. ginjill ashberry profile image78
    ginjill ashberryposted 5 years ago

To a certain level- this is true. Thoughts are behind attitudes. Attitudes define our reactions and the actions we take in life results in as our destiny; as long as we continue on with the belief. I would say this is faith.

5. samnashy profile image81
    samnashyposted 5 years ago

I believe we attract many things into our lives without even realising it through our subconscious minds. 
    Thoughts are based on attitude.  If you try and change your attitude towards something it's pretty amazing the result you get.  However, I believe it's a constant process and you have to be self aware.  Challenges come our way and it's how we deal with them that define our destiny.  That's my belief anyway.

6. mikejhca profile image92
    mikejhcaposted 5 years ago

I believe your thoughts and attitudes determine your behavior.  So they are masters of your destiny.  I don't think wishing or fantasizing is enough.  You need to take action and have expectations.  If you expect good opportunities then you are more likely to look for them and take action.  Lots of people miss out on good opportunities.

7. unitify profile image77
    unitifyposted 5 years ago

Absolutely: I believe thoughts are thinks. "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians: 4

8. profile image52
    Dr Rheaposted 5 years ago

Yes, I believe in the "Law of Attraction".  I believe our thought process is the mastery of our journey (destiny).  Our perception whether positive, negative, or a combination will determine whether we recognize the opportunities around us.  It will help us determine whether the circumstances we face are challenges and opportunities or stumbling blocks that get us down.  However, it cannot just be a wish, it has to be a belief.  Of course, the literature supports that the more positive your thought process is the happier you will be.  If you look for challenges and ways to resolve them than you can feel an energy of motivation that keeps you striving for improvement.  If you stumble than your motivation will not be as great and sometimes people lose their direction for action.

9. Iamsam profile image81
    Iamsamposted 5 years ago

I Don't think it is true.  If it was true, by now many people become millionaires by wishing so.

working