In what areas of your life do you believe God is trying to teach you patience?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. youcanwin profile image41
    youcanwinposted 11 years ago

In what areas of your life do you believe God is trying to teach you patience?

2. ginjill ashberry profile image77
    ginjill ashberryposted 11 years ago

I can write a long list on this one.  Alas, just a few things. I have always wanted to be in control in all aspects of my life. Being such a person means I do not tolerate a lot of nonsense..and the person I cannot accept to make mistake is myself.
    Truth be told, it wasn't being patient with others that needed work. That is why a long list became a few list of common aspects of a persons life Family, Work, People, Time, and Spiritual maturity. And I'm sure God is smiling at this very moment because on top of that list is me. Being patient with one self.

3. sherrituck profile image81
    sherrituckposted 11 years ago

I believe that God is trying to teach me patience through my career.  I am learning more and more to lean on Him and to understand that His will may not be my will.

4. profile image0
    Tina Trueloveposted 11 years ago

Right now, every single area.  However, to answer your question seriously, I would say He is teaching me patience mostly through my children and our family finances.  I was a great "mommy," but now I have entered into the untamed territory of parenting a young adult.  It is much more difficult than I ever imagined and the boundary lines of authority are not always clear. 

Finances have always been challenging for us, but God has always provided for our needs and I am confident He always will.  It is difficult to remain patient though.

Thank you for the question.  It made me think.

5. Dee aka Nonna profile image61
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 11 years ago

Right now it is dealing with people.  More and more I meet people who are unkind, uncaring and rude.

6. lburmaster profile image73
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

Work and with children. My goal is to have a job in Human Resources, so my job now is helping my social skills. And my partner want's to have children in five years, yet I'm not very patient with children so I'm working with them on a daily basis to get used to being around children and understanding them.

7. moneycop profile image60
    moneycopposted 11 years ago

i feel god has only one work with him to teach his chindren all divine qualities, and patience is one of them.
    I have many areas where i am beeing examined, the areas where i have to be more patient is to become a nice person irrespective of what my surroundings are.

8. mackyi profile image65
    mackyiposted 11 years ago

I have been enduring a lot over the years on the socioeconomic front, and is still exhibiting a lot of patience! What really keeps me going on is the story of "Job." Although I am nowhere holy, upright and faithful as Job, I know that God still loves me; and just as he came through for Job, he will come through for me.

9. Melindas Mind profile image66
    Melindas Mindposted 11 years ago

I think it would be quicker to tell you in what areas He's NOT teaching me patience. To start with I have two teenage girls, and a son with Aspergers and ADHD. I'm chronically ill, myself and I have a friend, who's staying with us until she gets approved by social security, who is disabled and often childish. My littlest sister (who's 16 years younger than me) is staying with me, so in a way I've got three teenage girls. And of course the little things, the person in front of me who won't do the speed limit, the days where I catch EVERY SINGLE stop sign, the shoes/backpack/makeup/clothes my daughter can never find (even when they're out in plain sight) ..... you get the point. lol

10. profile image0
    april hollandposted 11 years ago

Oh Lord oh mercy.  Definitely through my children.  LOL!!

11. litsabd profile image65
    litsabdposted 11 years ago

I believe that God has taught me patience through my most difficult times. When sadness and hardships knocked on my door I had to find the strength to step out of them again. Whenever I felt I was loosing my self.

12. unvrso profile image84
    unvrsoposted 11 years ago

Most of all in those areas that canĀ“t be changed. For example, the development of my writing career which is being accomplished at a slow rate, but which sometimes, I think is too slow.

I have accepted it and is only by patience coming from God.

13. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 11 years ago

I think at this point in my life right now, it involves discovering and moving into the purpose and will that God has for my life.

Sometimes in an effort to push my own agenda, I'll try to "hurry" Him up, and will end up doing things my own way, without having that quiet time where I can go to Him about my decisions.

I need to make sure that God has set the foundation for which my plans will be laid. And understanding the difference between my timing and His timing, for me, takes a great deal of patience.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)