jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Why do we need salvation?

1. Iamsam profile image82
    Iamsamposted 5 years ago

Why do we need salvation?

2. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

If you were trapped in a car crash and you were bleeding to death, you'd want to be rescued, unless you were suicidal.

That's what salvation is all about. It's a massive rescue mission that has taken countless thousands of years and is finally coming to a climax.

As spiritual beings, we are trapped in physicality. We depend upon physical methods for perception and action. Without our Homo sapiens bodies we cannot see, think to plan, or move anything. This is the "Darkness."

Genesis 1:26 tells us that we were created in the image and likeness of God. And we have to be fully aware that God is not Homo sapiens!

When one achieves the everlasting life of which Jesus spoke, one regains the "Light" of independence from physical dependency. One has become again a child of God, rather than a trapped, "dead" asleep soul, locked in the cycle of birth-death-rebirth.

Peter saw this "Light" for a few moments when he stepped out of his storm-tossed boat onto the unsettled Sea of Galilee to stand on the water before his master. John the Baptist forgot the "Light" when he forgot who he really was (Elijah reborn) and forgot his mission to prepare the way for Jesus, thus becoming a stumbling block.

Salvation is not easy. So many who think they already have it will be rudely awakened by the fact that they're not even close. It takes incredible humility, and a willingness to let go of all this world's attachments. I have seen miracles and glimpsed the "Light," but long to make it permanent and pure. I wish that for everyone.

1. snapbackbetty profile image68
      snapbackbettyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I truely agree with your comment. Thanks for being so informative.

3. kyawnaing profile image53
    kyawnaingposted 5 years ago

I think,  salvation is very important for human, if  without salvation will be lose easily
    many people's life

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

we don't. not in the religious meaning anyway. salvation, as per the bible is nothing more then a way of making people believe in god and it makes no sense. what we need is to do the best we can while were alive , that is what i would call salvation.

1. kyawnaing profile image53
      kyawnaingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like >>>>>>>>>>>>>

5. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

I think that we need to free ourselves from suffering in this life and attain the spiritual world where there is no suffering.  This is what I call salvation.  The elimation of any kind of suffering, in addition, to live in a sphere of existence where there is no suffering. 

These are just my thoughts free of any religious dogma.  How one find salvation is not so straight forward, because we are all uniques and special beings on our own paths.

I hope this is helpful. Best wishes.

6. PrometheusKid profile image59
    PrometheusKidposted 5 years ago

Salvation is acquire through knowledge. Misery is acquire through Ignorance.