jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

What are your thoughts on this often feared tool of spirit communication, the Qu

1. efeyas profile image89
    efeyasposted 5 years ago

What are your thoughts on this often feared tool of spirit communication, the Quija Board?

Would you ever use one? If you have, how was the experience? Good, bad, scary or freaky??

2. Cow Flipper profile image82
    Cow Flipperposted 5 years ago

Just that, it is a tool. The real instrument being used by the spiritual beings or entities is your own subconscious mind and of those around you.  Emotional energy feeds much of the manifestation and you make it happen with your own latent telekinetic energy.

1. efeyas profile image89
      efeyasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense!

2. Cow Flipper profile image82
      Cow Flipperposted 5 years agoin reply to this

johnbnathan was correct in his thoughts about the planchette being moved by subtle and undetectable movements.

"So what is happening to make this process work? Well the subconscious mind is interacting with the ideomotor-functions of the body. Invol

3. profile image0
    MrAwesomeBrettposted 5 years ago

While I find the paranormal interesting. I hardly put to much stock into a toy made by Hasbro. So, I would lean toward it being a scam as there isn't any credible evidence to say otherwise.

1. Cow Flipper profile image82

Have you used one? Either the toy version or any spirit board or communication device to talk with the spirit world?

2. profile image0
      MrAwesomeBrettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I admittedly haven't tried using a Quija board. I have tried searching through supposed haunted houses and tried doing the whole EVP business and I've never experienced anything.  I'm not saying that they don't work. I'm just skeptical.

4. johndnathan profile image85
    johndnathanposted 5 years ago

I don't put much faith in a board game.  The "spiritual influence" of the planchette movement is nothing more that subconscious twitches and movements from the user's hand.  Now if the planchette moved on its own with no human contact whatsoever, now that would be impressive.

1. Cow Flipper profile image82

I agree that would be impressive, even more if it was recorded on video.

2. efeyas profile image89
      efeyasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I actually had an experience once in which the planchette was balancing on the end of a table. The pointer was touching the end of a round table while the players figures rested on the oposite end that levitated verticlly in the air. Crazy to watch.

5. JesadaB profile image75
    JesadaBposted 5 years ago

I don't think the Quija board itself is a bad thing, but in the wrong hands bad things can happen, if you do not know how to use it properly you can accidentally invite something in, demon or otherwise. You seriously need to know how to use it correctly and be able to close anything you might open while using it.

I do have a little story and I am grateful it didn't happen to me, but I did have to grin a bit about it. A friend years ago who did not know much about the board invited several people over and many were skeptics. I would not touch the board but I volunteered to keep the book, and there was the usual, "oh this is so fake and blah blah" well by the end of the night several of the skeptics were left wondering what the hell happened, but one in particular was lets just say bad mouthing the spirits and the board. Interestingly this guy was plagued by missing items, strange noises, objects moving, and shadows for about a month before he said anything to my friend and she told him he shouldn't talk about the spirits and the board that way. Needless to say, we did a house blessing and asked whoever was there to please leave and guess what, no more weird stuff, and he never touched a Quija board again.

6. cryptid profile image97
    cryptidposted 5 years ago

Not a fan.  IMO, the main problem with the Ouija is that is makes communication with a realm that few people understand available to just about anyone.  This is like letting the average person own a pet grizzly bear.  Most people don't know how to control it, aren't sure what to do with it, and will probably end up getting mauled by it.

Or, to keep with the "it's just a tool" idea, it would be like sending someone off to work with a chainsaw without properly educating them on how to use it.     

IMO, communication with the spirit word is best left to people who are either born with a gift for it, or have taken the time to educate themselves on how to do it safely.  Yes it's a tool, but putting such a powerful tool is such a simple form is asking for trouble.

Closed to reply

working