jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do we need 2 love and believe in Jesus to meet GOD? IJN, Jas

1. Janice Daniel profile image60
    Janice Danielposted 5 years ago

Do we need 2 love and believe in Jesus to meet GOD? IJN, Jas

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes, As Jesus said, The only way to my Father is through me. The accepting of Jesus Christ as our saviour is the only way. smile

3. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I see it differently, according to the teachings of Jesus. Jesus asked us to pray daily "Our Father, who art in heaven." He said that denying Jesus was not a mortal sin, the only unforgivable sin was to deny the Holy Spirit. And he said that many people who said they knew him, he would reply, "I do not know you." Jesus spoke well of Samaritans who cared for other people and who recognized God, but not Jesus or Judaism.

From all this, I see clearly that Jesus calls us to loving relationship to Our Father - his Father and Ours - the Creator of the Universe.

When Jesus says, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and none shall come to the Father but through me," he is not asking us to love Jesus or believe in Jesus. Nowhere does Jesus say, "You must believe in me." (Except maybe in the Gospel of John, written 200 years later.) Rather, if we live the Way, we are one with Jesus and will meet the Father. If we live True, and live the Life of God's children, then we are at one with Jesus and will meet the father.

"When did I meet you, Lord?" When you visited the sick and the poor and fed the hungry.

4. Dan Barfield profile image80
    Dan Barfieldposted 5 years ago

As God is by definition omnipresent - then the idea of 'meeting' God is quite frankly absurd. You are surrounded by God. In fact you are in Him and of Him. Every particle in your body is made from God conciousness acting upon itself to manifest as matter. If what you actually mean, is what attitude towards the universe do you need to take to have an intimate encounter with the divine aspect of yourself and the world around you? That is a different matter... and I'll have to get back to you... smile

1. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dan! Beautiful! No need to get back to us; we're all already here in the Divine with you. We just each need to get back to ourselves. And how could we have left?

5. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

I think this Bible verse sums it up perfectly: "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.'" (John 14:6)

working