jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do people have a spirit?

1. andrew savage profile image61
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

Do people have a spirit?

2. Renee Abbott profile image85
    Renee Abbottposted 5 years ago

My answer would have to be yes. Why? My answer comes from my own experiences, which have been way to many. Almost everyone I have known who has died has come to me at that moment of death. I was able to see 'dead people' before I entered grade school. I totally believe I am here to walk/learn my spiritual path, not the path of the mundane. I am spirit seriously dressed in human grab.

3. Electro-Denizen profile image82
    Electro-Denizenposted 5 years ago

The question is sort of back to front. Perhaps a different version could read... Does consciousness contract to such a point that it inhabits a shell-like world i.e. the physical world. I'd say yes. The spirit can have a physical body.

4. Titen-Sxull profile image86
    Titen-Sxullposted 5 years ago

In the "spooky" paranormal sense I would have to say no. There's no evidence of the existence of any spirits, soul or other supernatural aspect in humans or other animals. In the more poetic sense however the spirit or soul can be said to exist, either in the form of someone's life "force" (ie vitality or will to live) or in the sense of someone's deepest emotions, passions, memories and thoughts.

5. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

Each of us has its own inside spark, something individual that can not be copyed or transferred to other human being or made artificially...it is that sixth sense, the inside gut feeling that make us act irresponsibly, unpredictably and on a spurr of moment....a mixture of imagination, creativity and sensuality and everything else that is beyond description and makes original YOU....