jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Why _____(Fill in the Blank)____?

1. ThompsonPen profile image77
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Why _____(Fill in the Blank)____?

I think that "why" is the best question one can ask. I want to know your burning "Why" questions, and what "why" means to you.

2. Taleb80 profile image82
    Taleb80posted 5 years ago

Why most of people don't ask why & taking things as it is?

ThompsonPenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

In the whole scheme of things we sometimes may ask why and never get an answer, because there is not an answer to be had. Some things are just meant to be. In these cases, we must put our faith in God and continually move on.

Surely we are allowed to question, and perhaps we may one day be relieved with the answer? After all, is it not like asking a divine parent? Those that go into deep meditation often find answers

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, we are allowed to question. What I was saying is at times there is no viable answer to why? As in, why were those precious children taken from us at Sandy Hook?

4. Cristale profile image86
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

Why is the world so greedy? "Why" means going against what we are conditioned to do, which is to go along with every thing, and questioning things that no one really has an answer to at all some times.

5. Highvoltagewriter profile image82
    Highvoltagewriterposted 5 years ago

Maybe the most important question is one I can ask myself...What can I do to make the world a better place?

Thats an excellent question smile

6. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

If any of us profess to have faith in God, Why do we ask "Why?" Do we not truly believe that everything that happens is part of a greater plan ? If we have true faith, why do we feel the need to understand everything? Acceptance of things, the way they are, does not require understanding. Maybe it's just a signal that we are drifting too far away from God. When all those people in Sandyhook were asking," Why would God let this happen?", did you notice that instead of running from God, they were running to God? The churches were filled, clergy from all over was there, and people were praying in the streets at candlelight vigils. By running toward God, maybe people intuitively realized they had drifted away and needed to get close again. People that were the victims of Columbine, are now the counselors at Sandyhook. And somewhere up the road, Sandyhook people will be able to use this horrible experience, to help others that will unfortunately go through the same thing. Scholarships are being formed for surviving siblings, who will very likely end up in some field relating to tragedies like theirs, or mental health.
         There is always something better on the other side of darkness. We just can't see it now. But why not ask why? Maybe we aren't ready for the answer. In HIS time, not ours.

7. James-wolve profile image77
    James-wolveposted 5 years ago

Why do I really want to pursue that job or why am I sticking with this one?Thinking deeply about the Why is not an abstraction; it's fundamental. In life, and in business, we spend all our energy thinking and talking about the what and the how, complaining about what we don't have and what we'd do if we did. We rarely spend time thinking deeply about the why. Why are we doing this? Why does it matter? Why is it important or not? What is the meaning in the whole scheme of things? Part of the reason we suffer in our professional, academic, and even personal lives is we do not spend enough time first with the Why:)

8. StrategyCoaching profile image83
    StrategyCoachingposted 5 years ago

With why, there would be no what. Without a what, there would be no who. Without a who, what or why, there would be no one to blame and no reason to categorize anything and then the sky would fall. And we would be small flat creatures that refuse to ask why.... smile

9. Radical Rog profile image80
    Radical Rogposted 5 years ago

Why, when someone asks a question, do you always get some pontificating god-botherer spouting the same tired old crud. So why does God, who is the God of all those who call themselves Christian, and all those who call themselves Muslim, and all those who call themselves Jew, the God of Abraham and Moses, permitted all the division and argument that has, over the generations, brought about more death and suffering than any other disagreement between the various nations of mankind.

1. IDONO profile image82
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you think it's all crud, why do bother reading it, thinking about it, and replying to it? You could have clicked right on by, but you didn't. Maybe you're looking for something that's missing, but the radical facade is easier.

2. ThompsonPen profile image77

I'm not a religious type, but I am inspired by peoples passion in religion. So, if when questions like this pop up it causes them to delve into what they're passionate about, then so be it. smile