jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Do you believe in organized religion or in a higher power?

1. JKPenn profile image66
    JKPennposted 4 years ago

Do you believe in organized religion or in a higher power?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7962115_f260.jpg

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 4 years ago

Well, organised religion certainly exists as a reality in the world so I have to believe it exists.  A higher power, well that is different, no one knows,  if that exists as a reality.  Many have blind faith of its reality, I don't, but, no one knows.

3. Borsia profile image43
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Organized religion is nothing more than a tool used to gain power, control and wealth by some over others. It is the worst thing that ever happened to mankind.
    I'm atheist so I don't believe in gods with powers over men, or animals for that matter.
    There is a greater all than the earth and there are many things yet unexplained and probably just as many unexplainable.

4. stanwshura profile image75
    stanwshuraposted 4 years ago

Organized religion?  *God* NO!  Higher power?  Maybe.

5. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 4 years ago

The religions of the world that I am aware of are based on worship of a higher power, most call their God. As far as organization of these religious orders, the vast majority are extremely well constructed and have been for centuries. Their one most important aim or goal, is to recognize a creator or God figure and worship, as well as follow precepts that are a part of this faith. Unfortunately, as seen in today's world, often these various faiths, become too self centered and lose the focus of what is the origin of their forms of worshiping. They become lost in their own greed at times and the drive to be foremost and above all the rest. To me, religion is a personal choice and my feelings are my own. It is a relationship between myself and my God. I feel it is right that each chooses their own ways in worship and religious concepts and allowing all others the right to freely express this in their own ways. May God bless us all. whonu

6. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

Organized religion is a tool or a device to help people get through life. It has its pros and cons, but it can be helpful. The Higher Power obviously exists. Just look at the sun, the ocean, the plants, all of nature. There is a hidden force that is providing and taking care of all these things. Even if humans were not here, that Higher Power would continue to create more things. The Higher Power is infinite power and creativity. Man corrupts what the power creates. The Higher Power creates everything in abundance, while men try to create and promote shortages. If you ignore man's reports, you will see that creation and the Higher Power can only be abundance.

JKPennposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very thought provoking response Sri.

7. JimTxMiller profile image76
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

Ironic, is it not, that the majority of deaths on Earth resulted in violent conflicts between so-called organized religions?

JKPennposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree, it is very ironic.

8. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I consider myself a child of God saved by his grace. Saved by the blood of Jesus Christ who died on the cross for all's sin. As far as organized religion, the bible says wherever 2 or 3 gather in my name I will be there.

working